Come join our team!ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- The Second Engineer will be given an area or specific system to be responsible for the daily operation and maintenance in accordance with the AMOS system.
- The Second Engineer will work closely with the First Engineer when scheduling maintenance works on the equipment assigned, if additional manpower is needed.
- If any operational problems with the equipment, the Second Engineer must report and work closely with the vessels Electrical Engineers in order to resolve subject issues.
- The Second Engineer must be watch qualified and able to take over the watch or stand watch as manning may require.
- If any operational problems occur with the equipment, the Second Engineer must report and work closely with the vessel’s Electrical Engineers and 1st Engineer to resolve these issues
- Shall be familiar with the safety management system, including specific responsibilities in the safety organization according to the emergency plan and station bill.
- Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SEMS, and carry out the policies and procedures applicable for subject position.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- Minimum of one (1) year prior experience as a Third Engineer is required. Prior experience as a Second Engineer is preferred.
- Intermediate to Advanced level English verbal and writing skills, including the proper use of English grammar is required.
- Highschool diploma or foreign equivalent is required.
- Position-specific STCW training from an accredited educational institution is required.
- An Unlimited Second Engineer License is required.
- A National License with a Bahamian Endorsement is required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
It is Norwegian Cruise Line's policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and marital or veteran status. EOE.