Limited production and full service of food in the Associate Cafeteria. Preparation of the cafeteria for service, including maintaining proper level of stock, sanitation and safety.
Skills and Knowledge
Minimum lifting 30 lbs.
Ability to verbally communicate effectively with guests and co-workers.
Pushing, pulling, bending, stooping, upward reaching
Exposure to extreme temperatures
Exposure to cleaning chemicals
Prolonged periods of standing and/or walking
Balanced Scorecard Results: Implements strategies and executes activities to drive and continuously improve financial results, guest satisfaction, human capital index and market shar
· Set up the cafeteria for service, including the following:
a. Stock all self-service areas with proper equipment and food items
b. Maintain proper standards of sanitation and physical appearance of cafeteria
c. Obtain food supplies from Food Storeroom
d. Obtain food from appropriate Kitchen personnel
e. Obtain needed paper supplies from Controllable Storeroom
f. Obtain par stock of china, glassware, and flatware for food service
· Serve hotel associates during meal breaks, using proper portions and proper sized utensils as specified in Use Records.
· Hold taste panels as required.
· Maintain standards of food sanitation and food quality.
· Maintain standards of sanitation during meal periods (remove trash and dirty dishes, clean up spills, empty garbage, clean grill, etc.).
· If necessary, operate cash register or other machine, to ensure associates are charged correctly for food items purchased.
· Each associate is expected to carry out, within their capabilities, all reasonable requests by management.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.