CID Agent - Arabic Speaker
Full job details
Responsible for maintaining all guests passport & ID database and transfer on timely manner to Dubai Police ,assisting guests at the front desk, and main lobby while providing the highest level of service possible in an efficient courteous and professional manner by following Marriott Standards of aggressive hospitality and adhering to procedures .
SCOPE / BUSINESS CONTEXT
· A Full Time position based at the Lapita Hotel.
· Number of Direct Reports - 0
· Titles of Direct Reports – 0
· Having an experience in similar position for at least 12 months preferred
Skills and Knowledge
· Excellent command of Arabic oral and written communication skills – English or other Languages is an added advantage
· Tolerant for all guests and colleagues (regardless of race , sex , color or religion)
· Proactive & responsible
· Ability to make decisions
· Friendly & a people person
· Fast Learner
· Team player
· Able to get on well with people from many different backgrounds
· Able to work under pressure at times
· Ability to handle multitasks at the same time
· Able to do shift work
· Knowledge of Dubai is preferred but not essential
Education or Certification
· College Graduate-Preferred
· Hotel School is an added advantage-Preferred
· Report to work on time in proper, clean uniform with name tag
· Personal appearance & grooming must confirm with standard
· Handle all duties according to hotel policies and procedures
· Be knowledgeable about hotel procedures and check all bulletins for info
· Get a daily briefing about all special events
· Have knowledge about all guest rooms , features and amenities plus all services offered by the hotel
· Associate is expected to carry out any request by management which s/he is capable of performing
· Update C.I.D system on a daily basis with daily hotel activities
· Ensure accurate balancing of C.I.D system on a daily basis.
· Inserting proper guest’s profiles on the CID system
· Performing the room moves on the CID system as updated on OPERA
· Deliver important messages posted in C.I.D system to concerned departments of the hotel
· Proactively seeks & shares with Front Office any changes to the CID process or updates in relation to Hotel procedures in relation to the UAE laws.
· Apply for multiple functions for the hotel i.e. banquets, events, groups, parties etc..
· Checking out rooms from CID as soon as performed on OPERA
· Passing on proper hand over to other colleagues.
· Dealing with CID Inspections.
· Operate OPERA and other systems as required
· Be knowledgeable of Marriott Rewards , Elite program and other Frequent flyer programs as required
· Know how to follow all hospitality guidelines
· Answer the telephone according to telephone etiquette
· Know how to handle safety deposit boxes
· Ensure cleanliness of work areas at all times
· Utilize spare time for cleaning
· Keep all equipment clean at all times
· Assist all guests in problems and questions as required
· Assist fellow associates on their jobs to ensure completion of all jobs on time
· Have knowledge of all emergency procedure and know how to act on them
· Be flexible with regards to work schedule
· Use password with discretion
· Log off your terminal when leaving your work area
· Ensure all police ID requirements are communicated and shared in the department
· Ensure all ID’s are transmitted within the timeframe allocated by authorities
· Maintains all equipment in pristine condition
· Report any deficiency to the FDM/FOM
· Report any unusual occurrence or requests to the manager
· At all times strive to be an ambassador for Marriott
· Be disciplined at all times , stand alert and tall at the front desk
· Be familiar with daily checklists of your shift to ensure smooth operations
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.