Description Marriott's Autograph Collection features a select group of upscale and luxury independent partner hotels, each with its own distinct personality, experience, style and features. Located in major cities and desirable destinations around the world, Autograph guests favor hotel stays that reflect their own unique and personal styles. Be a part of our team and deliver an innovative guest experiences that resists predictability.
§ Previous experience working within Housekeeping Department or similar preferred d
Skills & Knowledge:
1. Responsible for mending/ sewing staff uniforms , guest clothing
2. To adjust the old uniforms for new staff and also the present staff who need to adjust their uniform
3. To mend/sew bathrobes , any guest linen , cushions, runners, curtains or any other upholstery located either in public area or guest rooms
4. Responsible for mending/ sewing guest room items, bed covers, curtains, cushions, etc.
5. Sew color thread on condemned linen/towels.
6. To assist as laundry attendant, when needed or someone is sick or is on vacation.
7. Strong communication skills (verbal, listening, writing).
8. An effective team player in team based environment
9. Effective time management skills
10. Innovative , creating ideas somehow that will help in using discarded materials
11. Pro-Active and reliable
12. Able to work under stress alone or with team, always maintaining friendly attitude
Education or Certification:
- Good Level of English is essential s
Working Conditions and special Duties: To be changed and ready for work at appointed time as assigned on Rota. Ensuring his/her uniform and
Name tag are worn as per hotel standard. In case of sickness , please call before 4 hours of your duty hour and speak to HK Manager / Assistant To be responsible for the presentation during shift hours. Ensure that equipment is left unattended or caused hazard or obstruction To remove all rubbish from his area to the designated area by the end of the shift Familiarize yourself with your departmental service performances and product standard and to demonstrate application consistency To attend all statutory training, job training sessions and communications meetings Attends meetings and training sessions/courses that may be beneficial to you and your department on request from your leaders To be aware of and carry out all hotel security and safety procedures To report any suspicious activity or packages to immediate duty housekeeping manager To be aware of health, safety, hygiene regulations at work. To take correct action in the event of fire. Demonstrates working knowledge of fire prevention and to ensure that staff follow evacuation process To report to the public area team leader / office admin any guest comments or complains To maintain cheerful and polite attitude to our guests and colleagues at all times and to use the guests name
If known. Refer guest to another members of staff who can help them if you are unable to do Co-operates and communicate with your colleagues, supervisors and management to ensure effective
Team work and high morale Have good knowledge of all hotel facilities and be able to answer questions in quick, polite manner Follows all process set-up for the environment protection within hotel grounds To carry out any other reasonable tasks as requested by laundry supervisor / Asst. Mgr
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.