DUTIES & RESPONSIBLITIES:
Responsibilities and duties for this position shall include, but not be limited to the following areas and activities. At management discretion, direction may be given for tasks outside the scope of work described.
- To understand the need for a good service.
- To be polite, courteous and efficient in dealing with guest’s needs.
- To smile and make all our guest feel welcome and at ease.
- To serve food & beverage items to the correct standards as implemented by F&B Management.
- Set up the station to the correct standard before service
- Ensure that the restaurant and bar is clean and tidy at all the times
- To deal with minor guest complaint and to ensure the supervisor is informed of all complaints and comments.
- To be punctual and set an example in uniform standards and hygiene at all times.
- Attending and participating in training sessions.
- To be fully aware of working practices within Health, Safety and Food Hygiene guidelines
- Present the check to guest for signature in timely manor.
- Maintain a good working attitude with colleagues.
- To understand the guests needs through body language.
- To give a good service and be able to up-sell at every opportunity.
- Relay your own ideas and suggestions to supervisors.
- Keep a tight control of your station by walking around.
- To follow instructions given by supervisors and manager.
- To familiarize oneself with all long-term and regular guests and special/VIP guests
- Record the details of the order from the guests, repeating the order to the guest to check for accuracy. And serve the guest in a friendly and courteous manner.
- To have full knowledge of current promotions.
- Replenish beverages as necessary and check with guests for overall satisfaction.
- Set-up the tables for guest and arrange the tables for special requests like birthdays, anniversary etc.
- To have full knowledge of all food and beverage products available throughout the Food & Beverage outlets to recommend and up-sell to guests.
- To have a high degree of self awareness when in a food & beverage outlets
Work schedule normally associated with the position and level of responsibility. Due to the nature of work in the hospitality industry, the person engaged will be required to perform odd hours, work on week-ends, public holidays and during cyclonic weather.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by CCR from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with CCR rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of resort facilities. Employees who violate CCR rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the resort.
- Performs general cleaning tasks using standard resort cleaning products as assigned by your supervisor to adhere to health standards.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested e.g., special guest requests.
- Other duties as assigned such as assisting security with disorderly guests.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Must have basic knowledge of food and beverage preparation and service of various alcoholic beverages.
- Basic English language writing skills necessary for completion of requisitions.
- Sufficient manual dexterity in hands in order to use a knife to make garnish, pick up glassware and bottles, scoop ice, mix drinks, and reach overhead to retrieve stock.
- Ability to read, speak and understand the English language in order to communicate with guests and take orders.
- Ability to remember, recite and promote the variety of menu items.
- Ability to work standing and work in confined spaces for long periods of time.
- Conversational French and German would be an advantage, in addition to additional European language.
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any other combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. High school diploma preferred.
Minimum one year previous Hotel Restaurant service required.