Demi Chef de Partie ( Pastry)
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. is one of the leading hotel and leisure companies in the world with more than 1,300 properties in over 100 countries and over 180,000 employees at its owned and managed properties. Starwood is a fully integrated owner, operator and franchisor of hotels, resorts and residences under the renowned brands: St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, W®, Westin®, Le Méridien®, Sheraton®, Tribute Portfolio™, Four Points® by Sheraton, Aloft®, Element®, along with an expanded partnership with Design Hotels™. The Company also boasts one of the industry’s leading loyalty programs, Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG®). Please visit www.starwoodhotels.com for more information.
Nestled near the turquoise waters of the Arabian Gulf where white sandy beaches dazzle in the sun, Ajman Saray is the first beach-side Luxury Collection Resort in the Middle East. Located on a pristine stretch of Ajman coast, the resort is an accessible retreat, just a short drive from major International airports and the Emirates of Dubai, Sharjah and Umm al Quwain
The first Luxury Collection beach resort in the Middle East, offering an accessible retreat from the hustle and bustle of the city. Located on a pristine stretch of Ajman coast, the hotel is a short drive from major International airports and Dubai, Sharjah and Umm al Quwain.
205 inviting rooms and suites offer all the comforts desired by the modern global explorer, combined with refined elegance, exquisite décor and sea or city views.
Active guests will enjoy a variety of water sports, plus a modern gym and memorable spa experience. Younger guests will find the kids club a stimulating retreat. Local cultural and historic attractions are a short drive away.
Exceptional culinary experiences, with all-day Mediterranean dining, Middle Eastern fare, fresh seafood and relaxed pool-side barbeques. The lobby bar and equestrian lounge offer an ideal indoor retreat.
Matchless meetings, events and social gatherings with a sophisticated, spacious ballroom and 6 well-appointed event venues with natural daylight and stunning resort & sea views.
Food & Beverage
• To be fully aware of all menu items, their recipes, methods of production and presentation standards
• Demonstrate initiative at all times
• Lead and support the junior members of the team
• Strong desire to improve on skills and knowledge
Supportive Functions (Property specific):
• Carry out close liaison with all sections of the kitchen in order to ensure smooth and efficient service
• Assume duties of Chef de Partie in his/her absence
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (Property specific):
• Ability to produce own work in accordance with a deadline
• Seek own solutions to the minor obstacles that occur from time to time
• To project a pleasant and positive professional image to all contacts at all times
• Daily data collection and reporting of issues as they arise
• Support of Departmental objectives
• Knowledge of and compliance with Luxury collection minimum standards
• Diligence in prevention of wastage
Qualification Standards (Property specific):
• Holder of a basic Food Preparation Certificate
• Holder of a basic Health & Hygiene Certificate
• To be aware of all Health, Safety and Fire regulations and to abide by their terms
• To ensure that junior members of the team are aware of Health, Safety & Fire regulations and that they too abide by their terms
• To maintain high standards of personal hygiene at all times and to ensure that junior members of the team are aware of and follow those standards
• To demonstrate proper and safe usage of all kitchen equipment
• To support and adhere to the equal opportunities policy of the company
Education (Property specific):
College degree, apprenticeship program preferred within international hotel chain, or reputable restaurant
Experience (Property specific):
At least has 2 years kitchen experience (Pastry) in a 5-star Hotel
Grooming (Property specific):
Associate must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance as per
Starwood & Hotel standards.