Guest Relations Manager
The Guest Relations Manager acts as the link between Management and guests. His/Her main duty is to act as a host by providing assistance to all guests. As such, he/she is responsible for resolving all guests’ complaints in a timely and professional manner.
He/She also provides the proper support and working climate for the GRO team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities and duties for this position shall include, but not limited to, the following areas and activities. At management discretion, direction may be given for tasks outside the scope of work described.
- At all times offer graceful, personalized and caring service towards all guests as you are an ambassador of the Constance Halaveli service philosophy.
- To embody in all your interactions with guests passion and enthusiasm for service, focusing all attention on the guests.
- At all times exhibit good posture and an elegant demeanor, and speak in a polite and attentive manner.
- Always address the guests with their name, keeping eye contact and smiling.
- At all times take ownership of guests request and do not refer guests elsewhere.
- At all times adhere to the grooming and etiquette standards of the resort.
- Always display punctuality and good attendance as an act of responsibility towards the guest service and towards your colleagues.
- Always be courteous, considerate, supportive and respectful towards other team members of Front Office and rest of the resort. Treat others as you would like to be treated.
- Ensure to keep yourself updated with the role of Front Office in Fire, Tsunami and First Aid standards , through trainings.
- Attend all the trainings that you are assigned to within your department or on a resort level.
2. Work Duties
- Be informed in advance of all arrival guest requirements and profiles.
- Be informed in advance of all VIP arrival guest requirements and profiles, and keep the Management informed of the these.
- Ensure all guests, as per arrival requirements, are attended to and guests contacted if email or phone number are known.
- Organize arrival and departure of the guests in coordination with AFOM and TMA Coordinator.
- Ensure that all GRO team members at all times are fully knowledgeable of all resort facilities and services offered.
- Ensure that all team members are fully knowledgeable in particular areas of : booking of restaurants, private functions, excursions.
- Ensure that daily and weekly events are prepared and accurate.
- Ensure that daily newsletter is prepared and accurate.
- Ensure that wet weather program is prepared if necessary.
- Together with other team members check VIP rooms if required and ensure that amenities set up are appropriate. Follow up with Housekeeping and In Villa Department for any special requests.
- Ensure presence of a Guest Relations Host or self in the beach reception and water villa reception , during Management Cocktails and throughout the resort at all times.
- Ensure that all GRO team members are at all times offering the guests graceful, personalized and caring service.
- Ensure the highest possible guest satisfaction level of service.
- Coordinate the Tour Operator or journalist visits with S&M coordinator and assist if necessary.
- Entertain guests, travel agents or journalists when necessary.
- Coordinate wedding arrangements if necessary.
- Ensure that all GRO team members understand the importance of guest preferences and on continuous basis encourage for the same to be collected, noted down and forwarded to profile coordinator.
3. Management Duties
- Work closely with FOM and AFOM to carry out skill and knowledge training to asses further training requirements
- Act as Duty Manager on a rotation basis
- Establish roster for the Guest Relations Hosts
- Ensure a supportive and learning working environment for the team members
- Execute performance evaluation on 4 monthly basis
- Perform any other duties as assigned by Management.