The Security Officer is responsible for the safety of the guests and staff members at the hotel. He/She is familiar with identities of the Head of Departments and Supervisors and has a working knowledge of their areas of responsibility. He/She should establish a rapport and foster a spirit of cooperation and respect and to be willing to assist and be helpful without compromising security and safety.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reports for duty at specific times and consults with the officer being relieved as to current activities and/or problems: checks security log and any other appropriate sources for information needed to perform their duties.
- Is thoroughly familiar with the entire property and cognizant of the areas and functions likely to require attention by security personnel.
- Maintains a complete understanding of emergency procedures to be followed in any situation.
- Possesses a thorough knowledge of current Emergency Procedures. These procedures are to be strictly adhered to.
- Responds as necessary to all calls for assistance by Department Heads, supervisors, or employees of the hotel as well as security personnel.
- Investigates all reports , injuries, or unusual incidents and give feedback.
- Keep the Security Manager informed of any noteworthy incidents or conditions, disciplinary problems are any information deemed helpful to the performance of his office.
- Contact the Security Manager in any case not covered by instructions or when in doubt regarding appropriate actions.
- To be fully familiar with the policies and procedures relating to fire, bomb threats, flooding, power failure, elevator emergency, hotel doctor, ambulance call out, safety, first aid and security.
- To immediately respond to emergencies such as fire, theft, accidents, etc.
- To ensure maximum guest, employees and hotel facilities safety and security at all times.
- Document all activities during each shift as directed by the Security Manager.
- To perform security rounds as designated by the particular posts.
- To present a good appearance and image to the public and employees at all times.
- To develop and maintain contact by offering helpful, courteous and professional services.
- To maintain personal hygiene at all times.
- To be present on duty in immaculate uniform.
- To be smart, friendly and firm.
- To create and maintain the highest standard of Security at all times, being professional in attitude, appearance and application.
- Completed secondary education
- Minimum 2 years of experience security guard in hospitality industry
- The person should be honest and reliable
- Effective communication skills and pleasant personality are a must.
- Very energetic, flexible and can handle pressure
- Be fully conversant with health and safety procedures and emergency precedures
- Expected to regularly work long hours, on evenings, on week-ends, public holidays