Pastry Sous Chef
The Pastry Sous Chef ensures and enforces the set service standard procedures by directing, supervising and motivating staff to perform to the highest level of service.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities and duties for this position shall include, but not be limited to, the following areas and activities. At management discretion, direction may be given for tasks outside the scope of work described.
- Ensures the quality levels of kitchen production and presentation is maintained at its highest level at all times.
- Attends the daily kitchen briefings.
- Is directly responsible for the efficient performance of the following:
- Ordering and keeping fair stocks
- Minimizing wastage through creative recycling
- In-depth training of his staff
- Creates new products
- Service, kitchen and back areas are thoroughly clean at all times.
- Ensures that all mise- en place is correctly prepared prior to commencing service.
- Ensures all pastry requests are delivered within the time parameters, set by the resort and always displays attributes of genuine hospitality.
- Demonstrates excellent product knowledge of all food and special functions held at the resort.
- Establishes and maintains smooth personal and work relationships in the kitchen
- Ensures the resort Food cost is maintained at all times.
- Does regular spot checks on all expiry items.
- Ensures expiree dates are labeled on products that are required.
- Ensures that equipment is cleaned, when necessary or according to their schedules.
- Supervises the undertaking of physical asset inventories each month.
- Conducts performance appraisals for kitchen employees.
- Assists in the process of recruiting new employees for each of the respective kitchen.
- Organizes and coordinates special functions and events.
- Continuously trains and motivates subordinates to ensure resorts standards are maintained.
- Assists supervisors in generating work schedules for kitchen personnel, according to forecasted demand requirements.
- Delegates responsibilities to staff and ensures tasks are completed.
- Maintains highest levels of personal hygiene and grooming at all times, as per standard.
- Ensures that channels of communication are respected and information is disseminated to the correct receivers.
- Ensures excellent communication and working relationships with colleagues are maintained and contribute to the team spirit.
- Ensures that a safe, hygienically fit working environment is maintained at all times and reports any concerns or faults immediately.
- Remains current on all resort happenings, including guests in-house, arrivals and departures, as well as daily events.
The Key Results Areas for this position are:
- Customer satisfaction
- Kitchen Revenue and Profitability
- Kitchen Cost Control
- Kitchen Staff development