Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. is one of the leading hotel and leisure companies in the world with more than 1,300 properties in over 100 countries and over 180,000 employees at its owned and managed properties. Starwood is a fully integrated owner, operator and franchisor of hotels, resorts and residences under the renowned brands: St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, W®, Westin®, Le Méridien®, Sheraton®, Tribute Portfolio™, Four Points® by Sheraton, Aloft®, Element®, along with an expanded partnership with Design Hotels™. The Company also boasts one of the industry’s leading loyalty programs, Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG®). Please visit www.starwoodhotels.com for more information.
Nestled near the turquoise waters of the Arabian Gulf where white sandy beaches dazzle in the sun, Ajman Saray is the first beach-side Luxury Collection Resort in the Middle East. Located on a pristine stretch of Ajman coast, the resort is an accessible retreat, just a short drive from major International airports and the Emirates of Dubai, Sharjah and Umm al Quwain
The first Luxury Collection beach resort in the Middle East, offering an accessible retreat from the hustle and bustle of the city. Located on a pristine stretch of Ajman coast, the hotel is a short drive from major International airports and Dubai, Sharjah and Umm al Quwain.
205 inviting rooms and suites offer all the comforts desired by the modern global explorer, combined with refined elegance, exquisite décor and sea or city views.
Active guests will enjoy a variety of water sports, plus a modern gym and memorable spa experience. Younger guests will find the kids club a stimulating retreat. Local cultural and historic attractions are a short drive away.
Exceptional culinary experiences, with all-day Mediterranean dining, Middle Eastern fare, fresh seafood and relaxed pool-side barbeques. The lobby bar and equestrian lounge offer an ideal indoor retreat.
Matchless meetings, events and social gatherings with a sophisticated, spacious ballroom and 6 well-appointed event venues with natural daylight and stunning resort & sea views.
Food & Beverage
• Ensure and sanitize all china, glassware, silverware, flatware, pots, and pans in the hotel.
• Ensure restaurant and kitchen has the requisite amounts of the above to properly open their shifts and that there are sufficient racks in which to place dirty dishes, silver, pots, and pans.
• To ensure that silver-, china-, glassware and utensils from different food and beverage outlets are kept separate during the cleaning process and returned to the respective area.
• To hand over the shift operation to the incoming shift leader.
• To check if all assigned jobs during his/her shift are completed and reports on the status to the Chief Steward/Deputy Chief Steward through the communication logbook before going off duty.
• To fill the cleaning supply control form every morning during Night Shift duty, closely monitor the usage of cleaning supplies and reports any irregularities to the Chief Steward/Deputy Chief Steward.
• To control and monitor the breakage of operating equipment in Food & Beverage operating areas and reports observations to the Chief Steward/Deputy Chief Steward with suggestions to avoid future breakage
• To record any issuance of operating equipment in the communication logbook.
• To supervise and record the issuance and return of operating equipment to/from outdoor catering.
Supportive Functions (Property specific):
• Ensure that all buffets are set up and cleared on time and meet hotel standards
• Coordinate the removal of all dry and wet accumulated waste
• The production and maintenance of all administration records and reports concerning the stewarding department
• Ensuring that all over head ceilings, walls, filters and ducting are cleaned efficiently
• Conduct development and performance reviews, identifying key personnel for further development and structured career path.
• Implement and maintain training systems to ensure that associates have the necessary framework and skills to perform their job efficiently and effectively.
• Conduct regular staff meetings/briefings to keep all associates informed
• Ensure compliance with legislated heath and safety requirements within the workplace
• Prepare monthly outlook/forecast reports
• Attend meetings as required
• Implement opportunities for quality Team Building
• Ensure that all associates comply with the grooming and uniform standards.
• Comply with all Corporate and Hotel Standards and Procedures
• Actively promote a work environment, which cares for guests and associates alike.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (Property specific):
• Must be able to speak and understand English
• Requires good communication skills
• Must possess basic computational ability.
• Leadership skills
• Delegation skills
• Organizational & time management skills
• Legislation knowledge
• Guest focus
• Quality awareness
Qualification Standards (Property specific)
• Holder of a basic Food Preparation Certificate
• Holder of a basic Health & Hygiene Certificate
• To be aware of all Health, Safety and Fire regulations and to abide by their terms
• To maintain high standards of personal hygiene at all times
• To demonstrate proper and safe usage of all kitchen equipment
• Ensure that full uniform is worn at all times
• To support and adhere to the equal opportunities policy of the company
Education (Property specific):
Minimum High school or equivalent education required.