Full job details
W Doha has recently won the Best Hotel & Residence in the Middle East, awarded by the World Travel Awards. Being the first W in the Middle East, we are setting the tone for fashion and entertainment lifestyle in Doha and in Middle-East. Working for unique and refreshing lifestyle brand such as W and joining Starwood - one of the leading names in hospitality will open doors for many future career opportunities.
For more information about us, please visit:
The ultimate expression of style and sophistication, W Doha Hotel & Residences infuses your life with the unique combination of casual elegance and urban energy that only W Hotels can provide. Conveniently located in the West Bay of Doha, W Doha Hotel & Residences provides easy access to Doha's shopping destinations, embassies, financial district and culture. W Doha brings the world of entertainment, culinary delights, nightlife and personalized hospitality to Doha.
As the Finance Coordinator you will be a part of our Finance Department and you will be reporting to the Director of Finance.
• To match invoice received with delivery notes / purchase orders.
• To allocate cost according to W Hotel chart of accounts.
• To check that all delivery notes / invoices received through the receiving report has receiver’s stamp and required endorsement.
• To check that the department receiving, directly signs the invoices.
• To post all purchase vouchers to the Accounts Payable Ledger on current basis.
• To balance inventory accounts during month end.
• To prepare Creditor’s payments as per the credit terms set by the Hotel.
• To maintain proper filing of documents and adhere to the record retention as per W Hotel Policies and Procedures.
• To prepare month end closing related reports.
• To reconcile Accounts Payable Aged Analysis and ensure that the analysis is in balance with the General Ledger Payable trade.
• To obtain approval for all invoices prior to posting in the Purchase Ledger.
• To review open Purchase Order file with Purchasing on monthly basis for a status report on delivered items.
• To assist the guest with all queries.
• To act according to the complaint handling standards & procedures.
• To carry out any reasonable duties as may be requested by the department head.
• To keep complete and accurate accounts payable records.
• To maintain good relations with F&B Cost Controller, Receiving, Purchasing and Department Heads in order to ensure correct cost classification, prompt resolution of disputed items, approval of invoices and timely expedition of supplier payments.
• To monitor entertainer time reports in liaison with B&F Department to ensure accuracy in their payments.
• To ensure that all required signatures are obtained prior to payments.
• To ensure that Doha Municipality tax are paid on a monthly basis.
• To maintain the strictest confidentiality on all matters relating to Starwood and the Property plus all other financial and personnel related matters.
• To provide secretarial and administrative assistance to the DOF and secondly to provide backup administration to the Finance team. Preparation of correspondence for DOF.
• Set up and maintain an effective filing system for DOF files, including a daily trace file, to ensure all weekly, monthly and bi-annual deadlines are met by the DOF.
• To continually enhance and improve the efficiency and organisation of the department, by design and implementing administrative systems.
• Also responsible for ordering all stationary and administrative supplies for Finance Department.
• Minute taking of Finance meeting and other meeting where necessary.
Minimum Graduate in Finance/commercial subject
Minimum 2 years in the same field