Demi Chef de Partie
Job Summary & Mission
The position will be responsible for taking care of the daily food preparation and duties assigned to meet the set standard and qualities. Under the general guidance and supervision of the Souse Chef and Chef De Partie, the Demi Chef de Partie will assist in the preparation and service of all sections in the Kitchen.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Working with the Souse Chef and Chef De Partie and the kitchen team to maintain high standards in the quality of food both as to its preparation and its presentation
- Working in all areas of the kitchen depending on the daily needs of Head Chef Preparation of a whole range of food but with a particular emphasis on pastry
- To observe all Company Food Hygiene and Health and Safety policy
- To assist the Head Chef, to check the completeness of all food and kitchen equipment sent to each function
- To assist the Head Chef to check the completeness of all suppliers’ deliveries and the correctness of their invoices
- To set out, maintain and monitor high standards of cooking and presentation
- To be aware of current food trends with regard to presentation and style and help with new menu ideas and menu design.
- Ensure HACCP standards are implemented and follow the appropriate hygiene standards as per legal requirements at all the times.
- Manage the agreed food cost targets in line with the agreed budget.
- Recommend and promote new menu ideas and special food festivals/special days within the contract and work with the Head Chef to develop new dishes for the business.
Summary of Qualifications & Experience
- Educational Qualification
- Hospitality Management Degree / Diploma from a recognized university / institute.
- Understanding about the HACCP (Hazard Analysis and critical control points) requirements.
- Culinary school background is a plus.
- Minimum 1 years of Chef de Partie experience in a full service, moderate to high volume restaurant.
- Organization and planning skills.
- Able to work extended working hours and during weekends as well.
- Excellent communication skills.