Preference for candidates who are available to join immediately
Job Summary & Mission
The position will be responsible for the daily food preparation and duties assigned to meet the set standard and qualities.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Support Chef de Partie or Demi Chef de Partie in the daily operation and work.
- Work according to the menu specifications by the Chef de Partie.
- Keep work area at all times in hygienic conditions according to the rules set by the restaurant.
- Control food stock and food cost in the section.
- Prepare the daily food production manuals in different sections of the main kitchen.
- Follow the instructions and recommendations from the immediate Superiors to complete the daily tasks.
- Ensure the highest standards and consistent quality in the daily preparation and keep up to date with the new products, recipes and preparation techniques.
- Coordinate and participate with other sections of requirements, cleanliness, wastage and cost control.
Summary of Qualifications & Experience
- Educational Qualification
- High School level / professional kitchen apprenticeship certificate.
- Should be able to communicate in English.
- Culinary skills is a must.
- Minimum 1 year of Commi 2 / Commis 1 experience in a full service, moderate to high volume cafes / restaurants.
- Able to work extended working hours and during weekends as well.
- Excellent knowledge of food preparation, presentation and preservation is an essential.
- Prioritizes and works efficiently with limited supervision.
- Recognizes and resolves problems quickly and efficiently.
- Works in a team environment.