Kandima Maldives is much more than just a holiday. This new game-changing destination offers a seriously stylish island setting with extraordinary restaurants and bars and plenty of on-site activities to choose from. Located in Dhaalu Atoll. There is a large natural lagoon and lush tropical island surroundings that will simply take your breath away. The island is just a 30-minute flight from Male’ International Airport to the domestic airport in Dhaalu Atoll followed by a 20-minute boat ride to the island.
- Assist the Chief Engineer and Assistant Chief Engineer to operate the Engineering Team properly, efficiently and with profitability.
- Plan and implement a preventive maintenance program for all buildings, equipment and machinery as prescribed by the manufacturers and/or as required to maintain the standards of the hotel operation.
- Keep in organised files all documents related to the characteristics of operating system, installation, equipment or machinery. Log all information relative to energy consumption, preventive maintenance actions and repairs on all essential equipment (generator sets, water and sewage pumps, fire fighting equipment and the like).
- Handle all guest complaints and comments relating to the department tactfully.
- Constantly monitor staff morale to ensure that the personnel is kept in an appropriate state of discipline, motivation and commitment to the objectives of the organization at all times.
- BSC in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent.
Length and type of experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a Resort/Hotel.
- Pre-opening experience will be highly regarded.
Personal characteristics and competencies
- Possess a positive attitude.
- Strong Leader, Work well under pressure.
- Teamwork and planning for Business.
- Understanding Differences, Supervising operations and adaptability.
- Customer focus and result oriented.
- Capable of adapting to different cultures and ways of life.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills and computer literacy is a must.
- 2 year contract.
- Excellent benefits package.
- Applicants travelling on a single status should apply.
Other benefits and advantages
- We provide healthy, high quality food in our staff restaurant, which is the largest in Maldives.
- We provide great accommodation facilities and places for employees to rest and renew during the course of the working day and encourage them to take breaks.
- We create the best possible work environment with great workplace including staff bar, staff pool, games rooms, internet connection, movie and book library, areas for employees to interact and socialise.
- We encourage our employees to move physically and stay fit and therefore provide a well-equipped staff gym and staff sports complex / fields.
- We provide all amenities, resources, knowledge and assistance that our employees need for their work (uniform, opportunities for extracurricular courses).
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.