Security Supervisor - Wyndham Dubai Marina, UAE
At Wyndham Worldwide, our Associates have the opportunity to explore both personal and professional development opportunities throughout their careers
Wyndham Hotel Group is the world’s largest hotel company based on number of hotels. As both a leading hotel brand franchisor and hotel management services provider, the company’s global portfolio consists of nearly 8,000 properties and approximately 679,100 rooms in 73 countries. Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J., with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Dubai and other cities, the company employs approximately 9,000 associates worldwide. From the upper-upscale offerings of its Wyndham Grand® brand, to the distinctly comfortable and familiar properties of its globally recognized Days Inn®, Super 8®, Ramada®, Baymont Inns and Suite®, Hawthorne Suites by Wyndham®, Tryp by Wyndham®, Wingate by Wyndham®, Dolce Hotels and Resorts, Microtel Inn Suites by Wyndham® and Howard Johnson® brands, Wyndham Hotel Group prides itself on providing guests and franchisees with exceptional customer service, great value and the most lodging choices around the world.
Wyndham Hotels and Resorts®
Wyndham Hotels and Resorts is an upscale, full-service brand located in key business and vacation destinations around the world. It offers the comfort and amenities you would expect in a world-class hotel, including beautifully appointed public areas, thoughtfully detailed guestrooms and distinct dining options. Business locations feature well-designed meeting space flexible enough to accommodate anything from an executive board meeting to a major sales conference, as well as business and fitness centers
When it comes to location, Wyndham Dubai Marina, will take your breath away. Surrounded by the reflective waters of Dubai Marina. The hotel is just a few minutes away from 'The Walk' at Jumeirah Beach, a hugely popular expansive stretch of beachside cafes, restaurants and shops.
The Security Supervisor
The Security Supervisor is responsible for providing protection and communication with hotel guests and employees. He/she is also responsible for patrolling hotel premises to maintain security, detect and report fire, security and safety hazards and/or violations of Wyndham’s rules and regulations.
- Assist and report to the Safety and Security Manager, supervise the daily functions of the Security department. Keep the Safety and Security Manager informed on all matters of security interest affecting the hotel or the department.
- Maintain constant vigilance of hotel operation and premises.
- Use proper radio and telephone etiquette at all times.
- Conduct and supervise internal and external patrols, property walkthrough.
- Conduct daily physical hazard, safety inspections, report irregularities and take necessary actions to minimize hazards, control risks.
- Complete daily reports, conduct necessary security audits.
- Conduct investigations, gather information and complete reports, handle interruptions, complaints raised by associates and guests.
- Ensure proper key and access control. Ensure access to secured areas for authorized personnel. Challenge suspicious people.
- Handle lost and found items.
- Maintain and review daily activity log.
- Train, supervise the security team and ensure that policies are followed. Conduct regular briefings for the security team.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings. Complete assigned safety trainings, certifications.
- Assist during medical emergencies, respond to accidents, report accidents, injuries, unsafe work conditions, prepare necessary documentation and take action to resolve the situation.
- Respond to emergency situations, assist guests, associates and conduct emergency response drills.
- Maintain effective liaison with law enforcement authorities, emergency services.
- Have knowledge of hotel and guestroom locking systems, assist guests with room access as per hotel policy.
- Carrying out other duties assigned by the management.
In some locations around the world, Wyndham Hotel Group manages hotel properties on behalf of a third party owner. At many of those properties, the Hotel owner is the actual employer, and Wyndham Hotel Group performs recruiting and hiring functions on behalf of the owner. I understand and agree that, by applying through this site, I may be applying for a position with a company other than Wyndham Hotel Group where Wyndham Hotel Group is serving only as the recruiter and will not be my actual employer.
Our ideal candidate:
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in similar role in a 4 or 5 stars hotel.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written in English.
- Basic computer skills
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Understanding and ability to work in multicultural environment.
- Secondary education with at least 3 years of security experience.
- Must be holding of DPS Security guard or Security supervisor certificate.
- UAE experience.