Sous Chef - French cuisine experienced
International Hotel Establishment is the owner of Bushido , Trader Vic's Bahrain, Haute cupcakes & other upcoming projects.
Company Objective: To establish a leading position within the food and beverage industry.
Company Vision: To be an internationally recognized brand that offers everyone a unique experience.
Our core values: Passion , Ownership, Openness, Diversity, Trend Setter
The Sous Chef has an absolute minimum of 2 years’ experience as a successful Junior Sous Chef. The Sous Chef oversees the successful operation and organisation of the kitchen and must demonstrate clear leadership abilities, getting the most from their team and leading by example as a hard-worker. It is essential that the Executive Sous Chef consistently remains focused and calm at all times whilst motivating others.
1. Oversee a clean and hygienic work area in accordance with SOP.
2. Enforce and obey to appropriate hygiene, food handling and food safety regulations at all times.
3. Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of products and equipment.
4. Manage the department in a well organised manner.
5. Coordinate staff rotas for approval of the Executive Chef.
6. Manage purchase ordering, to ensure appropriate stock levels in accordance with inventories.
7. Coordinate and allocate tasks effectively.
8. Motivate the team to ensure the best performance from the department. 9
. Remain focused and calm when operating under pressure.
10. Operate as a team leader, and lead by example.
11. Demonstrate a hard-working attitude at all times.
12. Educate, enforce and demonstrate appropriate food handling in accordance with SOP.
13. Educate, enforce and demonstrate appropriate food safety in accordance with SOP.
14. Educate, enforce and demonstrate full awareness of fire safety regulations.
15. Ensure opening and closing procedures are performed in accordance with SOP.
16. Ensure food is stored appropriately and conduct food inventories as required.
17. Assist and motivate subordinates.
18. Identify appropriate training opportunities and requirements.
19. Undertake appropriate training as required.
20. Show respect for and follow instructions given by Management.
21. Ensure presentation is consistently of a high standard.
22. Ensure a high quality product is delivered at all times in accordance with SOP and in anticipation of guests’ needs.
23. Demonstrate creativity and the ability to create menus as required by the Executive Chef.
24. Be able to cost dishes effectively and monitor the financial implications of the menu.
25. Answer customer feedback in the absence of the Executive Chef in accordance to SOP.
26. Properly support the Executive Chef in their absence.
27. Ensure all kitchen equipment is used properly and with care; Offer training if appropriate.
28. Perform the monthly inventory of kitchen equipment, monitor this daily as required.
1. Full resume & photograph
2. Photograph of your food presentation