Thai Sous Chef, Kenya
Our client is a five-star 100+ bedroom city centre hotel in Nairobi and part of an international hotel group, now looking for an experienced Thai Sous Chef to join their culinary team.
* Starting December 2016
* Reporting to the Chef De Cuisine/Executive Chef
* Responsible for the proper efficiency and profitable functioning of the assigned kitchen
* Supervises the work of Cooks and Pantry staff, remaining fair at all times.
* Ensure the consistent quality and standard of all food
* Tests cooked food and checks on its appearance and freshness
* Ensures that Mise-en-Place must be always well stocked & prepared
* To be completely familiar with each section in the department.
* Enforces all house rules and regulations, keeping fair at all times
* Maintains a friendly and pleasant image at all times & always checks personal & team’s hygiene and be well-groomed in appearance. Always wearing a clean and tidy uniform
* Acknowledges and screens daily work schedules, ensuring correct staffing levels to meet demand
* Conducts daily briefing and de-briefing in the absence of the Department Head.
* Communicates effectively with guest, clients, business partners and staff
* Coaches and counsels all staff when applicable.
* Evaluates objectively the performance or related staff.
* Provides the most effective training to all staff in his/her department regularly.
* Motivates staff to grow within the company.
* Thai national and travelling on single status
* Minimum of at least 2 years of Sous Chef experience in a five-star hotel
* Hands on, able to lead & manage and a great team player
* Have a strong working knowledge in specific cuisine (Thai)
* Strong understanding of HACCP
* Proven track record of cost control including food, equipment, labour and waste to meet the food quality goals and the hotel’s financial goals.
* Demonstrate real passion for menu planning and leadership
* A highly competitive salary of US$1,700 – 2,000 net per month + full Expat package
* Accommodation in walking distance of hotel
* 2 year contract.
* Single package
* Medical cover
* Flights from the point of hire and back after 12 months
* 28 days of annual leave
To apply, please send a Word (not Adobe) format CV, including a smart head and shoulders photo to Stephen Thorley – Stephen@globalsearchint.com