Sales Reservations Coordinator
Full job details
Sales Reservations Coordinator
Sales reservation coordinator will support the Leisure team and act as a reservation concierge for Traveller Made and VIP/Premium CIS and GCC bookings.
Reporting to the Director of Wholesale & Leisure, this position will be integral in supporting Fairmont The Palm to ensure that all revenue opportunities are maximized through the wholesale and leisure distribution channels.
Hotel Overview: Fairmont The Palm is a luxury, world-class resort located on the iconic Palm Jumeirah Island in Dubai. The hotel features 381 guest rooms and suites with dedicated Fairmont Gold rooms and lounge. A total of six food and beverage outlets on property plus 24-hour in-room dining—offer a mix of culinary and entertainment options that mirror Dubai’s cosmopolitan air including a Mediterranean and a Brazilian churrasco experience. Fairmont The Palm also features an expansive pool and beach area with a health club, Willow Stream Spa and the Fairmont Falcons Juniors’ Club.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Wholesale & Leisure, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Conduct a minimum of 3 daily checks of wholesalers' extranets and manage top ups of but not limited to GTA, DOTW, Hotelbeds, White Sands, Golden Tourist, JAC Travel, Exclusively Hotels and Destimo as per the sales and revenue strategy
- Implement closeouts as per the weekly availability calendar set by revenue management through the extranet channel.
- Populate a daily top up materialization report for DOSM, DORM and DOS Leisure to ensure we are optimizing the selling of all room types
- Attend regular partners' extranet trainings to keep up-to-date with the leisure and wholesaler booking systems
- Work closely with the Digital Marketing Manager to ensure content accuracy and updated information of all extranets
- Develop relationships with the reservations teams for our contracted wholesale partners through regular calls and communications
- Implement special requests and act as a liaison with all other departments for special need bookings
- Support key corporate accounts to assist with bookings.
- Understand the key principles of FRHI Pricing Strategies and Revenue Management
- Maximise rooms revenue through the conversion of telephone calls into sales
- Utilize effective upselling techniques
- Understand and take reservations to support the Sales strategies
- Be flexible in sales technique through offering the right product to the right customer at the right time
- Handle customer queries and complaints relating to Rooms Reservations
- Responsible for effective implementation and compliance with FRHI Core Reservation Standards
- Maintain accuracy and cleanliness of the PMS Database
- Ensure reservations meet the property standards in terms of accuracy of data and guest satisfaction
- Complete understanding and effective execution of current and new RM tools. Includes Opera PMS/S&C.
- Support the Director of Wholesale & Leisure with special projects as needed.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal required
- Possesses full command of CRS, PMS and other Microsoft applications.
- 1 year experience in similar position and customer service is preferred
- Minimum High School Diploma, Business School and/or Hotel School Diploma preferred
- Proven competency in the area of organization and communication skills
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Frequent sitting throughout shift
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 20 lbs
- Occasional bending, kneeling, pushing, pulling and walking
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Dubai. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights and accommodation.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Job Level : Management / Supervisory Schedule : Full-time Shift : Day Job Closing Date : 21.Oct.2016, 3:59:00 AM Job Number: PMI01335