Global Sales Administrator EMEA
Wyndham Hotel Group is one of the world’s largest hospitality companies. We currently have nearly 8,000 hotels with presence in 73 countries worldwide. It is our goal to be the World’s leading Hotel Company to be with and stay with. We have a broad portfolio of exciting hotel brands ranging from the budget to the luxury sector including Days Inn, Ramada, Ramada Encore, Wyndham Garden, Dolce and Wyndham Grand. It is our objective to continue to delight all of our customers with our signature Count on Me! service based on the principles to be responsive, be respectful and deliver a great experience.
There are three key elements to this position. The first is to provide administrative services predominantly to the EMEA GSO Transient & Speciality team. The second, to coordinate /own the Request for Proposal (RFP) process throughout the region on behalf of the team, hotels & clients. Whilst the third is to directly drive demand and revenues into hotels through their account management of a number of client companies.
Additional responsibilities include assisting other members of the wider EMEA Sales team on an ‘as required basis’. Plus working directly with both managed & franchised hotel teams to educate, support and deliver opportunity and revenues through WHG systems.
Alongside the professional competencies outlined below, the successful candidate will demonstrate the fundamentals of Wyndham Worldwide’s Count on Me! Service Culture to be responsive, respectful and deliver a great experience. This will form the cornerstone of their approach as they carry out all tasks with the Count on Me! Building Blocks in mind; Compassionate, Engaged, Dependable, Courteous, Engaged, Inclusive, Hospitable, Prepared and Personalised.
- Three years administrative or secretarial experience in either a related industry or other fast growing organization is required
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- At least three years’ experience in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint required
- Windows Environment and Database Management would be helpful
- Knowledge of Request for Proposal (RFP) process at Hotel level would be helpful, as well as experience with Lanyon and the SalesForce.com CRM tool
- Project management skills would be very beneficial
- With some Hotel level sales experience of corporate and/or leisure accounts
- Prior experience within a GSO and/or franchised environment is preferred, but not essential
- Fluency in spoken and written English is essential as well as ‘Mother Tongue’ Turkish plus an additional EMEA spoken language would be desirable
- Must be able to travel throughout the EMEA region and beyond as required
The EMEA Global Sales, Administrator position requires multi-tasking ability at a high level. The ability to prioritize workload and time sensitive requests is essential. Excellent customer service skills are critical to this position, especially communication skills; written and oral. The position entails service to many customers including franchisees, the Sales Directors, internal co-workers, external contacts, direct line manager and the Senior Leadership Team. This position requires the unique ability to operate in a team environment and also work autonomously with minimal supervision. Organizational skills are required as well as a good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and Power Point
- Flexibility to adjust to the changing needs of the business, taking on new ideas, initiatives, brands and responsibilities as they present themselves
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work with people at all levels and from all backgrounds and parts of the world
- Ability to stay objective and fair when dealing with sensitive internal/external customer situations maintaining constructive working relations
- Self-starter, exhibiting initiative, confidence, professionalism and good judgment
- Works with a high level of accountability, results orientated and dependable
- Ability to make business decisions with integrity and honesty