Full job details
The exclusive profession awaits you to be an Ambassador at The St. Regis and be part of a multi-cultural environment, pursue your passion and take the Journey of your career within the signature address at The St. Regis.
Allow Us at St. Regis Saadiyat Island, Abu Dhabi!
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. is one of the leading hotel and leisure companies in the world with more than 1,300 properties in over 100 countries and over 180,000 employees at its owned and managed properties. Starwood is a fully integrated owner, operator and franchisor of hotels, resorts and residences under the renowned brands: St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, W®, Westin®, Le Méridien®, Sheraton®, Tribute Portfolio™, Four Points® by Sheraton, Aloft®, Element®, along with an expanded partnership with Design Hotels™. The Company also boasts one of the industry’s leading loyalty programs, Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG®). Please visit www.starwoodhotels.com for more information.
The iconic St. Regis brand extends its legacy to Abu Dhabi, with the St. Regis Saadiyat Island, Abu Dhabi.
The hotel's air of mystique is created by thoughtful Mediterranean architecture and a contemporary interior design, which is further enhanced by an intelligent use of natural products and elements. This calming ambience flows through the food and beverage outlets that provide sumptuous meals and refreshing drinks all the way to one of the largest function facilities in the region.
Saadiyat Island is a beautiful natural island just 20 minutes from Abu Dhabi International airport and 7 minutes from downtown Abu Dhabi and is destined to become the address of choice for discerning, well-travelled connoisseurs.
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Responsible for direct training and close supervision of all Staff Members. Supervise the workflow, maintain discipline and enforce company policies or any other established by the Laundry Manager.
• Direct training and supervision of all Staff Members, maintaining a good work flow.
• Take care of the laundry department in absence of the Laundry Manager.
• Supervise cleanliness of laundry and dry-cleaning areas and equipment’s.
• Ensure that proper maintenance is done on all laundry section.
• Rotate Staff Members to different jobs after proper consultation with the Laundry Manager.
• Supervise appearance and good manners of Staff Members during the operation.
• Eliminate work hazards to personnel, check on safety and fire regulation.
• Participate in fire and safety training, and should respond to fire calls, real or drill.
• Make sure that hotel linen and Staff Members uniforms are processed efficiently.
• Check the quality of the Room linen, F&B linen, recreation linen, guests Laundry & Dry cleaning and the staff uniforms
• Ensure that washing formulas, methods and procedures are obtained.
• Ensure regular appraisal of Staff Member performance,
• Assist in preparing the daily, weekly and monthly production reports and post the guest laundry bills.
• Make sure the availability of the Laundry, Dry Cleaning and Spotting chemicals for effective output.
• Make sure the availability of the Laundry supplies for effective output (hanger, shirt board, trousers guard…)
• Report any matter related to the laundry operation and guest requirements.
• Ensure the Staff Member in the department follows Starwood / St Regis Brand Standards.
• Any other duties as assigned by the Laundry Manager.
• Support Laundry Manager to ensure 100% compliance in all Audits
• Ensure all training records are uploaded into Diligence system on a monthly basis
• With the support of the Laundry Manager, conduct annual PMP to all Laundry Attendant
• English Level: Speaking and understanding, reading and writing
• Hotel School / High School
• At least 2 years’ experience as a Laundry attendant in a 5* Hotel
• High level of IT understanding.
Ability to use Microsoft package efficiently
• Most work tasks are performed indoors and require standing, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability.