Spa Therapist – Hammam Specialist
Full job details
The exclusive profession awaits you to be an Ambassador at The St. Regis and be part of a multi-cultural environment, pursue your passion and take the Journey of your career within the signature address at The St. Regis.
Allow Us at St. Regis Saadiyat Island, Abu Dhabi!
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. is one of the leading hotel and leisure companies in the world with more than 1,300 properties in over 100 countries and over 180,000 employees at its owned and managed properties. Starwood is a fully integrated owner, operator and franchisor of hotels, resorts and residences under the renowned brands: St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, W®, Westin®, Le Méridien®, Sheraton®, Tribute Portfolio™, Four Points® by Sheraton, Aloft®, Element®, along with an expanded partnership with Design Hotels™. The Company also boasts one of the industry’s leading loyalty programs, Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG®). Please visit www.starwoodhotels.com for more information.
The iconic St. Regis brand extends its legacy to Abu Dhabi, with the St. Regis Saadiyat Island, Abu Dhabi.
The hotel's air of mystique is created by thoughtful Mediterranean architecture and a contemporary interior design, which is further enhanced by an intelligent use of natural products and elements. This calming ambience flows through the food and beverage outlets that provide sumptuous meals and refreshing drinks all the way to one of the largest function facilities in the region.
Saadiyat Island is a beautiful natural island just 20 minutes from Abu Dhabi International airport and 7 minutes from downtown Abu Dhabi and is destined to become the address of choice for discerning, well-travelled connoisseurs.
Abu Dhabi, U.A.E
Upon completion of the On boarding training, the 1 month Induction Plan and Service Culture programme, and under the guidance of the Director of Spa and Head Therapist and within the limits of the Hotel Policies you will be responsible to:
- Ensure that all operational procedures, codes of conduct and standards of appearance set down by the Director of Spa are adhered to by all staff.
- Be a motivated team member and also ensure the smooth running of the Spa at all times.
- Maintain high quality of service delivery in treatments throughout the team and ensure that the guest goes through an exceptional spa experience.
It is not the intent of this job description to cover all aspects of the position but to highlight the most important areas of responsibility.
• To deliver high standards of Bespoke treatments as per the Spa offerings, creating a memorable experience for our guests.
• Maintain a thorough knowledge of the different advantages and procedures relating to our spa treatments.
• To ensure that a high standard of service is maintained throughout the Spa.
• Follow a high standard of all daily opening and closing duties with checklists.
• Monitor and handle guest complaints by following the instant pacification procedures and ensuring guest satisfactions.
• To maintain the areas of work and report any maintenance issues.
• Will assist the Head therapist in maintaining the cleanliness and hygiene of all treatment rooms, in accordance with the Health and Safety and hygiene legislation.
• Complete all monthly responsibilities as allocated to you.
• Look for every opportunity to suggest new and enhanced guest experiences.
• Ensure the cost effective usage of all department related materials and avoid wastage.
• Practice and implement methods that comply with sanitation, health and safety guidelines established by local regulations and the property’s policies and procedures.
• Must adhere to training set down by the Head Therapist.
• Recognize the importance of “sales” in every aspect of their role and strive to ensure return business through personalized delivery of treatments and services of very high standards.
• Ensuring guests treatment experiences complete with a lifestyle advise.
• Ensure the recommendation of a minimum of 2 products and 1 treatment.
• Strive towards achieving retail targets and ensuring monthly targets are achieved.
Training & Administration:
• Responsible in assisting the Head Therapist with training and assessment, which will be properly recorded in the relevant areas for all therapists.
• To be responsible for the administration of goods, requisition inventories and ensure the cost effective usage of all department related materials and avoid wastage.
• To communicate all messages promptly and keep Director of Spa informed of any complaints.
• Must adhere to training as set down by the Director of Spa and Spa Supervisors.
• Be open to any additional projects that maybe required to complete as a team effort.
• Be able to handle Hammam treatment and adapt it to our contemporary setting.
• Be able to apply and share specific knowledge of Hammam history with fellow staff members.
• Be able to provide coaching and training to the team in terms of Hammam treatment.
• Successfully increase retail regarding Hammam product and cross sell other treatment.
•Bachelor degree required
•NVQ level or a recognized national or international qualification in beauty, spa or wellness
•Minimum 2-3 years of spa experience in a 5 star environment, and especially traditional Hammam experience (Moroccan or Turkish)
•Must be able to assist guests with inquiries
•Must be able to speak and write in English and Arabic
•Passion with Spa and Wellness treatments