Head of IT/IS
Premier Inn – Our Story:
Premier Inn is the UK’s largest hotel chain, and we are growing across the Middle East – with 6 hotels in the UAE, and more on the way across the region. Our purpose is to make our guests feel brilliant through a great night’s sleep. Our promise of great rooms, great value and great people is how we deliver on our purpose.
We are currently looking for a Director level candidate to lead and develop our IT strategy and operations across the GCC and following is an overview of the scope of the role:
The Director, Information Systems plans, leads and manages the information system process through the development and implementation of IT business systems – hardware, software and all related/inter-connected programs - across markets in which we operate in order to meet current and future operating requirements.
The key accountabilities / deliverables of the role are as outlined below:
• Develop the IS strategy for the company taking into account future anticipated needs and changes in technology during the life of the plan; • Lead and deliver an operating model and start up process for all new and existing sites;
• Establish and lead the processes for Service Management across all markets, including local and Group supplier SLA’s;
• Interpret business requirements for new hotel sites and ensure all related items within the pre-opening plan are scheduled, managed and communicated;
• Lead the local system build program to ensure integration with any existing approved /required systems including Opera, Oracle, Web, Synxis, Oxi;
• Establish IS policies, standards, practices and security measures to ensure effective and consistent operations;
• Deploy an operating manual covering the complete IS function to be used as a reference guide;
• Lead and develop the user support function, with a focus on developing internal processes to ensure resources are deployed in a structured and measurable manner;
• Relationship manage all external partner arrangements with regard to IT functionality, particularly with regard to Hotel Management Agreements;
• Manage and evaluate vendor relationships to ensure pricing structure and consistency of service provided meets company requirements;
• Lead the team in managing hardware equipment inventory and deployments- laptops, printers, scanners, gateways, door locks;
• Keep abreast of developments within the IT arena and work to incorporate new developments into the future systems plan for the company;
• Manage and develop subordinate staff to ensure delivery of best practice within agreed timeframes for all end users.
• Manage the corporate budget with regard to overall capital expenditure.
The ideal candidate will have a Degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical education, coupled with at least 8-10 years relevant experience in a similar role.
If YOU think you have what to take to join the Premier Inn team, then please click on Apply Now