Repair and Maintenance Administrator
Full job details
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. is one of the leading hotel and leisure companies in the world with more than 1,300 properties in over 100 countries and over 180,000 employees at its owned and managed properties. Starwood is a fully integrated owner, operator and franchisor of hotels, resorts and residences under the renowned brands: St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, W®, Westin®, Le Méridien®, Sheraton®, Tribute Portfolio™, Four Points® by Sheraton, Aloft®, Element®, along with an expanded partnership with Design Hotels™. The Company also boasts one of the industry’s leading loyalty programs, Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG®). Please visit www.starwoodhotels.com for more information.
Aloft Abu Dhabi - the first hotel to open in our EAME Division (Europe, Africa and the Middle East), introduces style at a steal to a modern Middle Eastern metropolis.
Boasting 408 spacious loft-like rooms, cutting-edge technology and a vibrant, energizing social atmosphere, Aloft Abu Dhabi is ideally positioned in the ultra-modern Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre (ADNEC), a micro-city of restaurants, a marina and only 20 minutes away from a bustling downtown featuring cosmopolitan culture, lush public parks and a scenic promenade.
Coordinate all clerical, project and administrative procedures within the Engineering Department.
•Coordinate and respond to telephone requests from guests and general work requests, direct and dispatch work assignments to engineering talents; maintain work order request board and return completed work orders to respective originating departments; distribute among engineering talents resume requests from Events and Catering departments.
•Maintain certain inventory and supplies of engineering department used to effect operation of entire hotel; maintain records and file on all mandatory systems, such as preventive maintenance, work requests, fire brigade logs, company truck, etc.; maintain and disperse petty cash used for cash purchases of materials, freight charges, etc.
•Process requisitions orders and distribute paperwork to accounts payable and requesting department; receive orders for exhibit services (electrical power, stage lighting, banners, etc.) for upcoming conventions and meetings, post payment and forward necessary paperwork to accounting.
•Manage daily and weekly payroll and overtime reports for the engineering talents.
•Solicit pricing and bid information from vendors for storeroom items, departmental supplies and certain major projects; correspond with vendors regarding pricing and delivery of needed materials and parts and assist in set up of credit for new vendors.
•Initiate and coordinate purchasing of materials and supplies for the maintenance and construction of certain projects handled by Engineering within entire hotel; set up and maintain expense tracking logs according to department codes; tabulate weekly and submit monthly report to controller's office.
•Clerical and administrative duties for projects.
•Type monthly energy reports and engineering file.
•Set up and/or conduct meetings for department (standards, safety training, etc.);
•Set up purchase orders for service companies where continuous services are needed.
•Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Talents with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
•Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, talents may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required.
•Upon employment, all talents are required to fully comply with Starwood rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotel facilities. Talents who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
• Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
• Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
• Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Must possess basic computational ability.
• Must possess basic computer skills, including, but not limited to, Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems.
• Must be able to sit at a desk for up to 6 hours per day. Walking and standing are required the rest of the working day. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
• Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks.
• Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
• Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and subordinates.
• Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
• Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
High school or equivalent education required.
Must have prior experience or training in Microsoft Word and Lotus 1-2-3 or Excel. Minimum five years office experience as an Administrative Assistant in an engineering department required.
All talents must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Starwood standards.