Apprentice (Saudi Only)
Full job details
“a passion for perfection”
Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts is a distinctive group of deluxe hotels where we put the emphasis on our people. We strive to provide a motivating and rewarding environment that attracts inspired and talented people who are willing to bring news ideas, use & develop their knowledge to reinvent their career path.
Swissotel Makkah :
Swissotel Makkah is Swissotel’s first hotel to open in Saudi Arabia . The hotel offers 1487 elegant rooms and suites with modern design, complementing the values of today’s Arab culture.
As part of the prestigious Abraj Al Bait complex, the deluxe Swissotel Makkah is a contemporary five-star hotel located in close proximity to the holy Masjid Al Haraam, overlooking the Ka’aba and the Grand Mosque.
Swissotel Makkah is part of a new urban development, including two restaurants, one executive lounge, two meeting rooms and a business centre. It has private entrances that make it easier for pilgrims to reach Al Masjid Al Haram. We invite you to be part of the dynamic Culinary team as
Summary of Responsibilities:
The main responsibilities and tasks of this position are as listed below, but not limited to these:
· Provide and dispatch immediate actions to all guest concerns.
· Ensure follow-up of action is completed with-in the quoted time.
· Work with related departments to ensure efficiency in meeting guests needs.
· Promotes hotel services and amenities to encourage an exceptional resort experience.
· Work in a non-supervised environment and take ownership for independent decisions made in the best interest of the guest’s experience.
· Able to contribute to a team environment by assisting co-workers in all departments related to the call center. And ensuring the attention to detail is recorded with each guest’s issue.
· Assist to the trade technician complies with established safety practices while expertly performing preventive maintenance, repair or retrofit of all type of Electrical work.
· Assist to the trade technician operates, preventively maintains and repairs all pertinent hotel systems, devices, controls, instruments, equipments, etc.
· Assist to the trade technician complies with all established procedures, e.g. Work Orders, Preventive maintenance, Out-of-Order Rooms, Emergencies, etc. & Complies with energy management practices.
· Under supervision of trade technician through logs and utilities data, determines optimal operating efficiencies and takes necessary corrective measures when variance from standards are excessive.
· Attends departmental meetings or any other meetings as may be assigned Ex. Chief Engineer.
· Assist to the trade technician carry out preventive maintenance, repair or retrofit of all type of Electrical work, records and analyses operating logs and utilities. Take immediate measures as necessary. Handles emergencies in repair works.
· Under supervision of trade technician carry out improvement, maintenance and repair work on all building services and equipment according to the standards and requirements.
· Under supervision of technician perform daily start up, shutdown and inspection of building services and equipment according to the standards and requirements.
· Assist to the trade technician maintain tools and equipment, and perform engineering housekeeping work, Update daily maintenance log, complete the work order forms & work place clean tidy and well organized.
· To attend to complaints from hotel guests and other departments & Handles emergencies in repair works.
· Comply with hotel and department policies and procedures at all times & Carry out any other duties as when assigned by the Management of the Hotel and department.
· Under supervision of trade technician work very closely with Room Maintenance team, meet the entire job requirement & Follow all job instructions given by Electrician, Shift Engineer or other Senior Staffs.
· Follow weekly / monthly duty schedule / split duty schedule and to carry out any other engineering work/ assignment and to perform duty as Task force and may be transferred to other group Hotels as Business demand.
· To be available in Hotel / Colleagues Housing immediately for any emergencies such as Fire and others and act in a professional manner to protect our Guests, Staffs and preserve the Hotel Property and its system. Follow Hotel Crises plan.
· Follow up Company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment. Attend all departmental trainings and other training program.
· Report work related maintenance problem, safety related issue, accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to Shift Engineer or other senior staffs.
· Use proper equipment, Wear appropriate personal protective equipment and use correct lifting procedures as necessary to avoid injury. Using material safety data sheets. Identify and correct unsafe work procedures or conditions and/or report them to Shift Engineer. Follow policies and procedures for the safe operation and storage of tools, equipment, and machines. Complete appropriate Fire and safety trainings and certifications to perform work tasks.
· Ensure uniform, nametags and personal appearances are clean, hygienic, professional and compliance with Hotel policies and procedures.
The ideal candidate will have the following knowledge and skill set:
We are looking for a well organized and creative candidate with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, who is able to display a “passion for perfection” and work in a dynamic environment. In addition, the candidate should possess:
- Minimum three (3) years experience with the similar position in a five star Hotels or similar organization.
- Required trade license or certification or Diploma etc.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team with minimum supervision
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts
Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts offers broad career development possibilities within a growing international group and competitive conditions of employment.
If you feel you are ready for your next professional challenge, send us your application today
Swissôtel is an Equal Opportunity EmployerJob Level : Colleague Schedule : Full-time Shift : Rotating / Shift Work Travel : No Closing Date : 10.Oct.2016, 3:59:00 AM Job Number: SMK00441