Restaurant Hostess, 55&5th The Grill
Full job details
The exclusive profession awaits you to be an Ambassador at The St. Regis and be part of a multi-cultural environment, pursue your passion and take the Journey of your career within the signature address at The St. Regis.
Allow Us at St. Regis Saadiyat Island, Abu Dhabi!
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. is one of the leading hotel and leisure companies in the world with more than 1,300 properties in over 100 countries and over 180,000 employees at its owned and managed properties. Starwood is a fully integrated owner, operator and franchisor of hotels, resorts and residences under the renowned brands: St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, W®, Westin®, Le Méridien®, Sheraton®, Tribute Portfolio™, Four Points® by Sheraton, Aloft®, Element®, along with an expanded partnership with Design Hotels™. The Company also boasts one of the industry’s leading loyalty programs, Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG®). Please visit www.starwoodhotels.com for more information.
The iconic St. Regis brand extends its legacy to Abu Dhabi, with the St. Regis Saadiyat Island, Abu Dhabi.
The hotel's air of mystique is created by thoughtful Mediterranean architecture and a contemporary interior design, which is further enhanced by an intelligent use of natural products and elements. This calming ambience flows through the food and beverage outlets that provide sumptuous meals and refreshing drinks all the way to one of the largest function facilities in the region.
Saadiyat Island is a beautiful natural island just 20 minutes from Abu Dhabi International airport and 7 minutes from downtown Abu Dhabi and is destined to become the address of choice for discerning, well-travelled connoisseurs.
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Food & Beverage
Upon completion of the On boarding training, the 1 month Induction Plan and Service Culture programme, you will be responsible for providing an appropriate welcome at Venues for guests and potential guests, maximizing their dining experience using technical and individual social skills.
Handle table reservations and effectively control the flow of guests. Provide a warm and friendly welcome, leading guests and seating them at the table and to answer the telephone.
It is not the intent of this job description to cover all aspects of the position but to highlight the most important areas of responsibility.
• To report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform with name badge and pride pin at all time.
• Assisting guest with the choice of venues where applicable and their choice of seating.
• Must know the brand standards set by St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort, GEI, LRA & LQA standards.
• Read daily events to acknowledge any VIP’s on arrivals.
• Provide an appropriate welcome at Food & Beverage Venues for guest and potential guests
• Maximizing their dining experience using technical and individual social skill.
• Assist in the set-up of tables and display upon procedures.
• Lead guests to the table and seat them only if the table is fully set-up.
• Exact knowledge of menus and wine lists, and steady information about specialties.
• Maintaining a clear and organized reservations book.
• Be attentive to guests and resolves their complaints where possible. Reporting all incidents to your Supervisor.
• Maintain responsibilities of cleanliness of hostess stations.
• Maintain responsibilities of cleanliness of all menus and drink menus.
• Assist with food and beverage service.
• Provide courteous and professional service at all times.
• Correct preparation of all necessary operational material in the back office and in the service control.
• Reporting of any guest comments to the superior.
• Ensure highest quality of Food & Beverage to the guests.
• Sign in and out in the logbook before and after shift.
• Learning of safety, sanitation and hygiene policies.
• Participation in internal training and necessary meetings.
• Present check, perform cashiering function, bid guests’ farewell and invite them to come back.
• Take table reservations and effectively control the flow of the guests in the restaurant ensuring maximum turnover by using Table4Me system.
• Updating the restaurant guest history data by using Table4Me.
• Maintain complete knowledge of all F&B services, venues, hotel services/features and hours of operations, as they affect the areas of responsibility.
• To ensure that Guests receive the attention and service at all times.
• To behave with other members of staff, managers and directors in a polite, honest and friendly way.
• Hotel School / High School
• Fluent in English (Speaking and understanding, reading and writing)
• Previous experience in Hospitality Industry, preferably 5 Star
• Basic knowledge of Micros systems