Housekeeping Order Taker
Full job details
DUKES DUBAI is located in the heart of New Dubai on the trunk of the Palm, amidst a residential estate and will comprise both a hotel and apartments. The hotel is just 10 minutes’ drive from Dubai Marina and Sheikh Zayed Road, and 45 minutes from Dubai International Airport. It enjoys spectacular beach front views and access to Oceana’s resort facilities.
DUKES DUBAI will proudly rely on Dukes London - the multi-award winning flagship hotel, situated in the heart of London St. James, blending quintessential British charm and cosmopolitan luxury, to create a stunning residence and hotel in Dubai and establish unrivalled British elegance and comfort in Dubai. Our residential community at DUKES promises an ‘all-in-one’ way of life that combines luxury, convenience, privacy, and peace of mind. It will be a retreat from the hustle and bustle of city life, where guests will be treated to an impressive array of first-class amenities and services.
All of our 279 rooms and 227 apartments have been designed with the modern sophisticated traveller and business investor in mind. Bedrooms feature king size beds, walk-in wardrobes and beautiful en-suite bathrooms. The kitchens in our Studios and Apartments are chic in design and fully equipped with top-of-the-range appliances, offering stunning accommodation and living areas at one of the most desirable locations on Palm Dubai.
Proud sister hotel of Dukes London, voted England’s Leading Hotel for the third time in a row at the World Travel Awards.
We are currently looking for Housekeeping Order Taker.
Duties and responsibilities:
Housekeeping control desk is the main communication Centre of the housekeeping department. You are responsible for all information sent out and received from the control desk. You should have good telephone etiquette.
As a desk control assistant you should maintain complete and up to date information of every departmental section which comes under housekeeping.
- Good knowledge in handling guest requests.
- Good knowledge of Housekeeping operations.
- Responsible for Departmental keys and guest room master cards.
- Responsible for all calls coming to the Desk and to convey the right message to the right person.
- Maintaining records related to day to day operations of Housekeeping.
- Follow up with concerned departments in case of guest requests/ complaints.
- Updating the Housekeeping data board with information like VIP in-house, Today's occupancy Percentage, arrivals, departures, to do list, rooms for super cleaning etc.
- Good understanding of the property management soft wares (E.g.: Opera, Fidelio etc.)
- Allocate work for each staff according to point system / work load for the day.
- Should have a good telephone etiquette.
- Make the relevant room status changes on the software as per the instruction given by floor supervisors.
- Prepare the room discrepancy list for Front office.
- Prepare the VIP amenities list.
- Prepare the Min BAR consumption list.
- Post mini bar and laundry charges to the respective guest folios.
- A high standard of personal presentation
- Experience as Housekeeping Desk Coordinator or Housekeeping Order Taker.
- Confident, professional and welcoming personality
- Have ideally worked in a similar role within a hotel environment.
- Be a team player who is an avid learner, adaptable and has exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent attention to detail
Should you believe that you are the right candidate for the role, please apply online ONLY by submitting a cover letter, and your full updated CV, featuring a recent photograph. Candidates not meeting this requirements will not be considered. Applications sent directly by email will be disqualified.
DUKES DUBAI is an equal opportunities employer committed to the promotion of equality in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, the provision of training and career development opportunities.