DUKES DUBAI is located in the heart of New Dubai on the trunk of the Palm, amidst a residential estate and will comprise both a hotel and apartments. The hotel is just 10 minutes’ drive from Dubai Marina and Sheikh Zayed Road, and 45 minutes from Dubai International Airport. It enjoys spectacular beach front views and access to Oceana’s resort facilities.
DUKES DUBAI will proudly rely on Dukes London - the multi-award winning flagship hotel, situated in the heart of London St. James, blending quintessential British charm and cosmopolitan luxury, to create a stunning residence and hotel in Dubai and establish unrivalled British elegance and comfort in Dubai. Our residential community at DUKES promises an ‘all-in-one’ way of life that combines luxury, convenience, privacy, and peace of mind. It will be a retreat from the hustle and bustle of city life, where guests will be treated to an impressive array of first-class amenities and services.
All of our 279 rooms and 227 apartments have been designed with the modern sophisticated traveller and business investor in mind. Bedrooms feature king size beds, walk-in wardrobes and beautiful en-suite bathrooms. The kitchens in our Studios and Apartments are chic in design and fully equipped with top-of-the-range appliances, offering stunning accommodation and living areas at one of the most desirable locations on Palm Dubai.
Proud sister hotel of Dukes London, voted England’s Leading Hotel for the third time in a row at the World Travel Awards.
We are currently looking for Houseman.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Strive for constant improvement and take responsibility for your own performance
- Adhere to Hotel Handbook and general policies and procedures
- Adhere to Housekeeping Policies and Procedures
- Report problems to Management with suggestions for resolution
- Clarifies own job responsibilities and looks for opportunities that will increase skills and job knowledge
- Understands how their role fits with others and contributes to the success of business
- Understands the hotel’s facilities, products and services
- Provides information when requested and promotes hotel’s services, facilities and special events
- Implements department procedures and policies as needed
- Build and maintain positive relationships with all internal customers and guests in order to anticipate their needs.
- Anticipate guest needs, handle guest enquires, and solve problems
- Create a positive hotel image in every interaction with internal and external customers
- Adhere to hotel brand standards
- Maintain a high level of product and service knowledge in order to explain and sell services and facilities to guests
- Assist guests and escort them to locations within the hotel at their request
- Maintain knowledge of special programs and events in the hotel in order to recognize and respond to guest’s needs
- Maintain current Hotel information to be able to provide information to guests
- Demonstrate co-operation and trust with colleagues, supervisors, teams and across departments
- Communicate well to ensure effective shift hand-overs
- Actively participate in organized meetings
- Interact with department and hotel staff in a professional and positive manner to foster good rapport, promote team spirit and ensure effective two-way communication
- Be open to new ideas and make changes in the job and routine as required
- Work in line with business requirements
- Complete tasks as directed by Management
- Young & energetic
- A high standard of personal presentation
- Confident, professional and welcoming personality
- Have ideally worked in a similar role within a hotel environment, however this is not a prerequisite.
- Be a team player who is an avid learner, adaptable and has exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent attention to detail
Should you believe that you are the right candidate for the role, please apply online ONLY by submitting a cover letter, and your full updated CV, featuring a recent photograph. Candidates not meeting this requirements will not be considered. Applications sent directly by email will be disqualified.
DUKES DUBAI is an equal opportunities employer committed to the promotion of equality in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, the provision of training and career development opportunities.