DUKES DUBAI is located in the heart of New Dubai on the trunk of the Palm, amidst a residential estate and will comprise both a hotel and apartments. The hotel is just 10 minutes’ drive from Dubai Marina and Sheikh Zayed Road, and 45 minutes from Dubai International Airport. It enjoys spectacular beach front views and access to Oceana’s resort facilities.
DUKES DUBAI will proudly rely on Dukes London - the multi-award winning flagship hotel, situated in the heart of London St. James, blending quintessential British charm and cosmopolitan luxury, to create a stunning residence and hotel in Dubai and establish unrivalled British elegance and comfort in Dubai. Our residential community at DUKES promises an ‘all-in-one’ way of life that combines luxury, convenience, privacy, and peace of mind. It will be a retreat from the hustle and bustle of city life, where guests will be treated to an impressive array of first-class amenities and services.
All of our 279 rooms and 227 apartments have been designed with the modern sophisticated traveller and business investor in mind. Bedrooms feature king size beds, walk-in wardrobes and beautiful en-suite bathrooms. The kitchens in our Studios and Apartments are chic in design and fully equipped with top-of-the-range appliances, offering stunning accommodation and living areas at one of the most desirable locations on Palm Dubai.
Proud sister hotel of Dukes London, voted England’s Leading Hotel for the third time in a row at the World Travel Awards.
We are currently looking for Reservations Manager.
Duties and responsibilities:
- To assist in the control of departmental costs on an ongoing basis and in implementing corrective actions if required
- To carry out quality control functions in all areas of the department daily to ensure a consistent high quality of all services is maintained
- To lead all Reservations employees by example at all times, fostering a spirit of cooperation and creating a challenging and fun environment for all associates to work in
- To liaise with the airport travel agencies counters and other booking channels regularly to attract business to the hotel when needed
- To be fully aware of visa procedures for sponsored guests
- To prepare statistics reports on room occupancy, average rate etc. as requested by the Director of Sales and Marketing
- To prepare weekly/monthly forecast reports on a daily basis and daily VIP booking reports
- To prepare competition reports whenever requested by the (Assistant) Director of Sales & Marketing
- Together with the Director of Sales & Marketing, Finance Director, EAM Rooms and Front Office Manager, to maintain the hotel’s list of blacklisted guests/companies/agents and to regularly report on potential credit risks as well as to attend the hotel’s credit meetings if & when required
- To ensure that all Reservations correspondence is filed correctly and forwarded to Front Office in a timely and organised manner
- Strong Reservations experience required in a 5-star hotel
- Ability to delegate and organize work flow
- Ability to meet deadlines consistently.
- OPERA Systems Knowledge
- Good knowledge of Channel Manager
- Good Knowledge of Central reservation system
- Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Pre-opening experience is preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal required
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible, organized & reliable.
The successful candidate MUST have at least 2 to 3 years’ experience in the managerial role in Reservations.
Should you believe that you are the right candidate for the role, please apply on this website ONLY by submitting a cover letter, and your full updated CV, featuring a recent photograph. Candidates not meeting this requirements will not be considered. Applications sent directly by email will be disqualified.
DUKES DUBAI is an equal opportunities employer committed to the promotion of equality in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, the provision of training and career development opportunities.