As an Income Auditor you will be responsible to verify the daily work, to supervise the day-to-day activities and to perform any other audit functions as defined in the Company’s policies and procedures .
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Financial Controller, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Verifying, monitoring, and reviewing all hotel revenue reports and night audit reports.
- Ensuring that daily revenues and settlements are in balance.
- Summarizing revenue and settlement information in a Journal Entry format associated with the proper back office chart of account numbers and descriptions.
- Completing various management reports as required by accounting management depending on the needs of hotel operations.
- Completing various other accounting tasks and duties as required by accounting management.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule in order to accomplish all major responsibilities and tasks, Must have a thorough working knowledge and willingness to assist in other accounting functions as assigned.
- Must have a commitment to follow all local and corporate policies and procedures as they relate to Income Audit.
- Must work in a safe, prudent, and organized manner
- Ensure that the revenue postings are correct and follow up on errors and discrepancies.
- Verify and/or reconcile all revenue centers as reported in the Income Journal daily.
- Review and balance rebates, paid outs, miscellaneous charges and staff charges to the Property Management System.
- Monitor rebates, allowances, house charges, and paid-out amounts to ensure that each account is properly authorized and has relevant explanations.
- Review F & B voids to verify authorization and adequate backup information.
- Accounting designation or enrollment in a recognized Accounting Program an asset
- Familiarity with financial system and Microsoft Office, computer literate in
- Fidelio, PMS, Reporting System and Excel
- Must be able to handle a multitude of tasks in an intense, ever-changing environment while remaining calm and collective
- Must be flexible in terms of working hours
- Must have the ability to handle cash effectively and accurately