6 days left
- Job Level
Southern Sun Hotel Abu Dhabi opened in early 2014, situated in the heart of Abu Dhabi, a 4 star deluxe hotel it attracts both business and leisure travellers. With 353 rooms including 38 one bedroom and 3 royal suites it offers comfortable and high-quality facilities. With a diverse F&B offering including restaurants, a reflection pond and roof top gym and pool deck with impressive views across the city and the gulf.
We are recruiting for colleagues to join our growing team.
As part of the application process you are required to answer a number of screening questions, please ensure to answer these questions honestly and accurately, failure to do so may result in your application being rejected.
If you are passionate, driven, customer focused with an eye for detail, result orientated and a team player – then you could be just the right person for us!
All applications received will primarily be assessed against the position applied for, if unsuccessful at that stage they will be then considered for any other suitable roles within Southern Sun Abu Dhabi, please refrain from making multiple submissions
Previous experience in a similar position in a 4 or 5* property in the UAE.
Fluency in English is Essential; written, spoken and reading.
Experience in Opera systems .
Brief Overview of the position:
- Maintain operational brand standards and departmental rules as set by the reservations/revenue manager and the company.
- To take telephone reservations on an efficient and professional manner.
- To input reservations requested by fax, e-mail and letter.
- To check next day arrivals list.
- To resolve reservations traces on daily basis.
- To charge non-arrivals.
- Ensure all customer requests are responded to both promptly and efficiently.
- Ensure that requested confirmations are sent out on the same day.
- Ensure that all special requests are notified to the correct department.
- Ensure filing is completed at the end of the day.
- Ensure the hotel credit procedures are followed as per accounts.
- Update reservations board with daily figures.
- Assist groups co-ordinator when necessary.
- To be familiar with the companies, agents and individuals who use the hotel on regular basis.
- Ensure any complaints are handled in a professional manner and immediately handed over to reservations/revenue manager.
- Attend and participate in all monthly departmental meetings and other internal or external meetings putting forward any ideas for both service and sales improvements within the hotel and your department.
- Be prepared to assist other departments and carry out other reasonable tasks and responsibilities outside normal routine but within the normal scope of the job, as deemed necessary by management.
- Work as a part of the team with positive attitude and support all new team members
- Develop effective working relationships with customers, agents and head office support departments
- Adopt flexible work schedule in line with business demands
- Comply with all company procedures and policies including health and safety
- To supervise the employee within the department, ensuring that the correct standards and methods of service are maintained as stated in the Department Operations Manual.
- To ensure that all employees have a complete understanding of and adhere to the Hotel’s Employee Rules and Regulations
- To understand and strictly adhere to the Rules & Regulations established in the Employees Handbook and the Hotel’s policy on Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.