Assistant Front Office Manager
DUKES DUBAI is located in the heart of New Dubai on the trunk of the Palm, amidst a residential estate and will comprise both a hotel and apartments. The hotel is just 10 minutes’ drive from Dubai Marina and Sheikh Zayed Road, and 45 minutes from Dubai International Airport. It enjoys spectacular beach front views and access to Oceana’s resort facilities.
DUKES DUBAI will proudly rely on Dukes London - the multi-award winning flagship hotel, situated in the heart of London St. James, blending quintessential British charm and cosmopolitan luxury, to create a stunning residence and hotel in Dubai and establish unrivalled British elegance and comfort in Dubai. Our residential community at DUKES promises an ‘all-in-one’ way of life that combines luxury, convenience, privacy, and peace of mind. It will be a retreat from the hustle and bustle of city life, where guests will be treated to an impressive array of first-class amenities and services.
All of our 273 rooms and 227 apartments have been designed with the modern sophisticated traveller and business investor in mind. Bedrooms feature king size beds, walk-in wardrobes and beautiful en-suite bathrooms. The kitchens in our Studios and Apartments are chic in design and fully equipped with top-of-the-range appliances, offering stunning accommodation and living areas at one of the most desirable locations on Palm Dubai.
Proud sister hotel of Dukes London, voted England’s Leading Hotel for the third time in a row at the World Travel Awards, we are looking for an Assistant Front Office Manager, eager to give his/her career a boost in joining our team.
You will be responsible to assist with the efficient running of the department in line with DUKES standards of Excellence, whilst meeting associate, guest and owner expectations. The Assistant Front Office Manager is responsible to assist the Front Office Manager in managing the day-to-day operation of the Front Desk at the hotel. The assistant Front Office Manager will also manage certain aspects of the department including but not limited to operations, planning, budgeting, staffing and payroll in accordance with hotel policies and procedures. The Assistant Front Office Manager provides leadership and support to all members of the Front Office team, implements and enforces the DUKES Standards of Excellence in all areas supervised. Reporting to Front office Manager
Duties and responsibilities:
1. Trains, cross –trains, and retrains all front office personnel.
2. Evaluates the job performance if each front office employee.
3. Maintains working relationships and communicates with all departments.
4. Verifies that accurate room status information is maintained and properly communicated.
5. Resolves guest problems quickly, efficiently, and courteously.
6. Updates group information. Maintains, monitors, and prepares group requirements. Relays information to appropriate personnel.
7. Reviews and completes credit limit report.
8. Works within the allocated budget for the front office.
9. Receives information from the previous shift manger and passes on pertinent details to the oncoming manager.
10. Checks cashiers in and out and verifies banks and deposits at the end of each shift.
11. Enforces all cash-handling, check-cashing, and credit policies.
12. Conducts regularly scheduled meetings of front office personnel.
13. Upholds the hotel's commitment to hospitality.
14. Maximize room revenue and occupancy by reviewing status daily. Analyze rate variance, monitor credit report and maintain close observation of daily house count. Monitor selling status of house daily flash report, allowance etc.
15. Monitor high balance guest and take appropriate action.
16. Ensure implementation of all hotel policies and house rules.
17. Operate all aspects of Front Office computer system, including software maintenance, report generation and analysis, and simple configuration changes
18. Ensure logging and delivery of all messages, packages, and mail in a timely and professional manner.
19. Ensure that employees are, at all times, attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests managers and other employees.
20. Monitor all V.I.P 's special guests and requests.
21. Perform other duties as requested by management.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty to a satisfactory standard. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge skill and/or ability required.
Should you believe that you are the right candidate for the role, please apply online ONLY, by submitting a cover letter, and your full updated CV, featuring a recent photograph. Candidates not meeting these requirements or sending direct emails will NOT be considered. Applications sent directly by email will be rejected.
DUKES DUBAI is an equal opportunities employer committed to the promotion of equality in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, the provision of training and career development opportunities.
In light of the expected number of applications, we regret to inform you that only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.