Assistant Outlet Manager, Beach Area- Burj Al Arab Terrace
Full job details
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 100 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
Burj Al Arab is managed by Jumeirah Group, the global luxury hospitality company and a member of Dubai Holding.
Burj Al Arab is designed to resemble a billowing sail and stands at a height of 321 meters. It is one of the most Photographed structures in the world and has been consistently voted the world's most luxurious hotel, with features including in suite check-in and check-out reception desks on every floor, round-the-clock private butlers and use of the hotel's Rolls-Royce fleet. the hotel's 202 luxury suites range from 170 to 780 square meters with a rain shower and a Jacuzzi in each suite, as well as six restaurants and conference and banqueting Venues.
The North Deck, which is due to open to guests in the second quarter of 2016, has been developed using state-of-the-art marine technology, design and manufacturing expertise, with a strong focus on environmental benefits. The 10,000m2 private luxury deck will fan 100 metres out into the Arabian Gulf and accommodate 32 cabanas, 400 sun loungers, one fresh water pool measuring 612m2 and one salt water pool measuring 828m2, one restaurant and a bar.About the Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a talented and highly motivated Assistant Outlet Manager for the new project at Terrace. The main purpose of this role is to oversee the effective operation of the venue and highly committed to customer needs, staff necessities and care of the establishment.
The main duties will include:
- Assist the manager in all aspects of operation and administration.
- To implement, maintain and train colleagues on LQA standards.
- Assist with hiring, training, supervising and discipline all outlet colleagues.
- Maintain a friendly yet unobtrusive manner with all guests.
- Ensure the correct and consistent service techniques for various events will be demonstrated by all colleagues.
- Anticipate, in advance, all materials and supplies and assure their availability.
- Prepare colleague schedules, which allow for appropriate service while controlling labour costs and over time.
- To communicate with the Manager, Chef, and F&B management to discuss menus, marketing strategies and guest feedbacks and concerns.
- Handle all inventories directly involved with the operation of the outlet.
- To assist in laying out goals and develop strategies to accomplish said goals.
- Forecast necessary staffing to get the job done.
- Planning and organizing staffing, equipment's and other needs prior to events.
In order to be considered for this role, the successful candidate is likely to have Graduate calibre with a Degree or Diploma in Hotel Management. You must have at least 1 year experience in similar luxury, high end work environment as Assistant Manager as well as experience working in a extreme weather conditions. You should have a strong knowledge in wines with a high level of written and verbal Business English, other European language would be a distinct advantage. Experience with financial budgeting is desirable.
This is a role for a charismatic highly talented individual who thrives in a fast paced and varied environment, who can demonstrate strong leadership, and is looking for the opportunity to grow in one of the world's most famous hotels and be a part of this exciting new project.