Asst Reservation Manager
Responsibilities and Obligations:
• Sets up the Department organisation, templates, procedure and culture.
• Ensure the Recruitment, induction, training development, evaluation, enthusiasm, performance and daily management of the Reservations Team.
• Deal with all disciplinary and investigatory issue’s within the department
• Manage the staff rotas
• Analyzes new or changing administrative requirements that impact on the reservation function.
• Effectively manage the day to day operational issues in a timely manner
Computerized reservation system Management
• Directs the operation of the activity consisting of a computerized reservation system and its related controls, records, reporting, accounting, and personnel functions to achieve maximum room occupancy and optimum customer satisfaction, while ensuring the rate codes are loaded according to the Sales and Revenue Strategy.
• Monitor the volume of room types being distributed daily and for the following days and report any risk (overbooking or wash) to the Revenue Manager or DOSM.
• Ensure, FIT’s, group bookings are in the system correctly and that the relevant staff members have dealt with them efficiently.
• Ensure the quality of the database for all fields. Train and support when needed.
• Provides timely reservation information for use by the front office and hotel officials.
Customer Satisfaction and Business Development
• Ensures the Customer Satisfaction through the right process of welcome, confirmation and implementation of the bookings with the Rooms division and the other departments involved.
• Resolves requests involving booking and policy exceptions and rules.
• Evaluates program effectiveness through customer surveys or analysis of higher-level directives and requirements, financial performance, and forecasts projections and trends.
• Have the ability to negotiate with clients and customers
• Reviews and analyzes report data for performance, occupancy, and obtainment of objectives.
• Can participate to some sales activities targeting Key Clients
• Respects the Sales information and segmentation of the clients and take a particular care to the Key and TOP Accounts and ensure the permanent development of new accounts through the quality of service provided in reservations and the report of potential or existing problems in a minimum period of time.
• Detects Business Opportunities and communicates them to the relevant person
Communication as a Business development tool.
• Communicates adequately and regularly with the Revenue Manager and other Deputy DOS to adjust the strategy and actions
• Liaise with Front of House, C+E and Sales departments to ensure effective communications and rates agreements are detailed within the system
• Ensures a smooth communication and relationship with the Rooms division.
• Delivers the necessary reports to the Revenue Manager
• Control and manage the Reservation Department budget
• Ensures the pre-payment of the bookings. Train and support the reservations team accordingly.
• Support the Credit Department to reach their objectives
Security, Safety and Health
• Maintains high confidentiality in regards to guest privacy.
• Reports any suspicious behaviour of guests and staff to the General Manager and Security.
• Notifies housekeeper regarding lost and found objects.
• Ensures that all potential and real hazards are reported appropriately immediately.
• Fully understands the hotel’s fire, emergency, and bomb procedures.
• Follows emergency procedures to provide for the security and safety of guests and employees.
• Works in a safe manner that does not harm or injure self or others.
• Anticipates possible and probable hazards and conditions and notifies the Manager.
• Maintains the highest standards of personal hygiene, dress, uniform, appearance, body language and conduct.