Front Office - Telephone Operator
Full job details
We are currently looking for dynamic, self motivated Front Office professionals who want to move their careers forward.
As a Telephone Operator you are responsible to handle every phone call with importance to provide professional and customer focused response to our guests, ensuring their stay will become a memorable experience, whereby your role will include key responsibilities such as:
• Receive each guest call in a professional and friendly manner
• Maintain effective communication with all related department to ensure smooth service delivery
• Handle every query in a polite and courteous manner and exceed guest expectations
• Ensure guests are greeted by name upon calling as per the Rotana Standard
• Maintain an up to date knowledge of the hotel and local services
• Maintain an awareness of guest profile through the Opera guest profile system
• Complete management’s long distance call vouchers and record them on the traffic sheet
• Maintain the guest wake up call sheet and deliver calls accordingly on time and to the established standard
• Ensure the proper operation of the switchboard, resulting in fast and efficient transferring of internal and external calls
• Take messages for guests and management as per the required standard.
Education, Qualifications & Experiences
You should ideally have a diploma / degree in the hospitality field with similar previous work experiences. Excellent written and verbal English communication skills along with strong voice modulation abilities are essentials. Computer literate and previous experiences with Opera are an advantage.
Knowledge & Competencies
The ideal candidate will be customer driven and an extremely proactive and ‘switched on’ personality with an outgoing and approachable character. You will work well under pressure in a fast paced environment and be a great team player, who thrives in working with a multi-cultural team and guests alike, while possessing following additional competencies:
Understanding the Job