Duty Manager | Doha
Full job details
Mandarin Oriental, Doha will be the first Mandarin Oriental Hotel in the Middle East. It will be located in Mushaireb Downtown Doha. Msheireb Propertie's an ambitious development of a 35 hectare site adjacent to Doha's cultural gem, Souk Wakif and near the city's business centre in West Bay.
Do you see yourself as a Duty Manager to join our pre-opening team of the Mandarin Oriental, Doha?
Are you passionate and enthusiastic about Operations in hotels?
At Mandarin Oriental we employ colleagues with passion and willing to deliver the best service and experience to our guests.
- Co-ordinate with Front Office and Guest Services on VIP arrivals, walk-ins, groups and guests with special requests.
- Co-ordinate with Engineering and Housekeeping to ensure that all rooms are ready for sale in the proper condition.
- Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities; gets more done in less time than others; can attend to a broader range of activities; makes decisions in a timely manner.
- Check all public areas and colleague areas for any irregularities and cleanliness.
- Check on the working condition of elevators, lobby lights, air conditioning, in-house music and other hotel equipment
- Ensure effective communication via daily briefing, weekly update and monthly brainstorming within the department.
- Attend to guest's requests and complaints.
- Investigate complaints and address to the department concerned and response to guest with an appropriate explanation and apology.
- Recommend improvements in hotel operations where there are opportunities for improving service, increase revenue, etc.
- Constantly check appearance, grooming of uniform colleagues.
- Uphold FLHSS procedures.
- Luxury Hotel experience
- Senior School Qualification
- Minimum of 3 years Hotel Management experience
- Good knowledge on computer system
- Microsoft Office is a must
- Excellent English communication (verbal & writing)
- Arabic speaker is an advantage
- Good organizational skills
- Effective time management, communication and presentation skills
- Confidence in speech
If you are interested in joining our pre-opening team apply today!