Social Media Executive
Translated from Arabic, Meydan means ‘a meeting place’. Meydan Hotels, through its collection of luxury hotels & resorts, provides its guests and customers with a myriad of unique and iconic places to meet.
Whether it is a meeting of minds at a board meeting or a meeting of hearts at a wedding reception, Meydan Hotels has unrivalled venues that make its properties the place to meet.
Meydan Hotels not only personifies warm, authentic yet modern Arabian hospitality; it also represents luxury, elegance, space, style, action and serenity.
With its home in Meydan City, a prestigious new business, sporting and lifestyle destination in Dubai, Meydan Hotels is ideally situated at the epicenter of one of the world’s most exhilarating destinations. Its portfolio currently includes The Meydan Hotel and Bab Al Shams Desert Resort and Spa in Dubai.
About the Role
The Social Media Executive will be responsible for management and creation of content for the Social Media of The Meydan Hotel and Bab al Shams Desert Resort and Spa and The Track, Meydan Golf Club using creative and innovative strategies to enhance, develop and generate a commercial return on all Social Media activities. This role also includes the guardianship of the Brand Guidelines within the Social Media ensuring any creativity adheres to the agreed brand look and feel. Furthermore this role also is responsible for the management of on-line reputation of both hotels.
- To oversee and manage social media accounts in accordance with the hotel standards.
- The candidate will be primarily responsible for executing & developing strategies to promote the hotel across Social Media Networks with various Social Media Marketing tools provided in a global environment.
- To run high priority social creative campaigns, media engagement and third parties as required and ensuring that all work is aligned with brand marketing plans and campaigns.
- To be responsible for reflecting the style and tone of voice across social media marketing and ensure that content and conversations match audience needs.
- Responsible for content creation, assimilation & distribution on Social Media Networks
- To advise and participate in the development and delivery of a social media strategy for hotel products & services.
- Responsible conceptualize and execute social media campaigns, contests, etc.
- To source content and supply the copy and images for the blog, based on content required for email, website and social media campaigns.
- To create assets (images, gifs, video) that can be used across the social media channels in line with marketing priorities.
- Assists with photo shoots as required.
- Will be responsible for participation in forums, message boards and discussion threads representing hotel in a dynamic and positive manner.
- To build relationships with key influencers on social media to enrich hotel social output and grow audience reach and approval.
- Contribute to regular reviews with colleagues to review core campaign output.
- To understand Social Media Traffic Analytics and how to aggregate them using appropriate content, methods and strategies to optimize social media campaigns.
- Regularly report insights gained from social media monitoring to Cluster Commercial Director.
- Manage marketing budget allocation for social media campaigns and ensure campaigns are delivered within budgets, within agreed time frames and objectives.
- Provide support to other team members on online promotions (such as campaigns and email marketing).
- Coordinate with the Sales & Marketing team to ensure that all promotions, packages, flyers, and others are uploaded on social media channels & website where appropriate.
- Coordinate with the Sales & Marketing team to prepare the marketing calendar of hotel with online activities on social media.
- Ability to cross-train other employees on electronic and social marketing related functions.
To be considered for this Role:
- Relevant degree in marketing, advertising, communications or other relevant business field, from an academic institution.
- Minimum 2 years experiences in Social Media field (Luxury Hospitality Industry experiences in UAE is preferred).
- Effective communication skills, verbal and written in both English and Arabic.