7 days left
- Job Level
Assist in preparation, production, service of food items of the kitchen, maintain high standard in accordance with Fraser Suites West Bay Doha’s standard of policies, procedures manual and guest satisfaction.
- Thorough knowledge of the establishment’s facilities and personnel involved.
- Good knowledge of food service techniques and menu contents.
- Strictly adheres to all recipes, methods and instructions from immediate supervisor.
- Maintain correct preparation and presentation of a consistent level for all food items prepared.
- Ensures food quality and standards are maintained at all times.
- Ensures that mis-en-place is completed prior to service.
- Adapt and respond to different shift patterns and section needs.
- Respond maturely to any given situation without hesitation.
- Report all important issues back to senior chef.
- Keep equipments and utensils clean and hygienic, report any faulty, broken or damaged equipment immediately to senior management.
- Maintain detailed understanding of the use of all electrical and mechanical equipment in the kitchen and observe the safety precautions when handling them.
- Ensures proper use and cleaning of equipment in order to prolong serviceability and prevent damage.
- Practice hygiene and sanitation procedures set by the hotel when handling food.
- Practice economy where food, paper supplies, electricity and water are concerned.
- Comply with HACCP standards and practices.
- Perform related duties and special projects as assigned
- Maintains strict control on food portioning and wastage.
- Show understanding of food cost and produce.
- Assist in food stock taking as required.
Internal Business Process
- Comply with and ensure adherence to all of the hotel’s policies and procedures.
- Maintain a professional and friendly attitude towards guests during contact.
- Maintain a good working relationship with all staff and colleagues throughout the hotel and sister properties.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Help train new hires on-the-job-trainees (On the Job Training) and cross-trainees in the kitchen section.
- Contributes and works as a team in the general operations of the kitchen(s), offering to assist fellow colleagues when require
- Utilize coaching skills and demonstrate the development of other team members.
- Report for duty on time in accordance with the weekly rota.
- Communicate effectively with all other departments
- Attend meetings, training sessions and any other required meeting or training session.
- Identify opportunities to innovate service delivery and product offering to meet and exceed client expectations.
- Ensure safe work practices are adopted at all time and report any OHS concerns immediately to your direct manager or HR Manager.
- Aware of the hotel fire and safety and emergency procedures
- Proactively display and embrace the Company’s ROCIT Values
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Knowledgeable of the menu, food items and goods handled in designated area
- Constantly maintain a high standard of food preparation, control wastage and spoilage.
- Ensures a clean, professional appearance according to hotel grooming standards
- Follow discipline on all procedures (HACCP, Health and Safety, and Food Safety Management, Fire and Safety) effectively.
- Meet maximum creativity and understanding of food, by creating dishes and assisting with menu development.
- Achieve customer satisfaction rating of above expectations.
- High School qualifications; any culinary certification
- Completion and awarded Basic Food Hygiene Certification
- Completion and awarded HACCP Certification is an advantage
- At least 3 years previous experience in a hotel or branded units
- Minimum 1 years in similar capacity
- Knowledge of volume production and ability to maintain the highest quality standards.
- Competent Oral and Written Communication Skills
- Ability to follow standards recipes and convert quantities mathematically
- Knowledge of procedures and methods used in the preparation, production, presentation and storage of food items
- ‘Can do’ attitude and a high level of energy
- Professionally groomed
- Able to manage task simultaneously; and priorities
- Flexible and aware of the pressure points within the kitchen environment and adapt to each situation with maturity and calmness.
- Always goes the extra mile to ensure guests satisfaction.
- Sense of humor