Assistant Food & Beverage Manager
6 days left
- Job Level
Overall responsibility is to to lead all aspects of the hotel’s food & beverage operation to deliver an outstanding customer service experience whilst achieving revenue and profit targets for all outlets in the department.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage, motivate and train front line staff to achieve consistently high standards of customer service in accordance with company policies.
- Manage and monitor daily operations to include the physical presentation of all outlets, food and beverage service, customer interaction and maintain a high degree of visibility.
- Oversee buffet presentation, quality control of food and beverage presentation and provide constructive feedback to the food preparation and service teams to drive continuous improvement.
- Ensure systems for recording revenues, adjustments, discounts and complimentary are recorded and reported in accordance with company standards.
- Implement and monitor revenue enhancement activities including but not limited to the introduction of specials, promotions, up-selling and menu re-engineering to achieve and exceed average sales per customer revenue targets and capture rates
- Obtain HACCP certification, and ensure all food handling practices are upheld in accordance with HACCP standards and Doha Municipality regulations at all times.
- Manage and report on breakages and replacements, inventory control, daily flash reports, conference and banquet running sheets, menu item sales, inventory rotation, out of date inventory, spoilage, consumables, cleaning supplies and collateral.
- Receive and act on customer feedback. Ensure formal internal escalation procedures are in place to receive and act on complaints through effective service recovery procedures including personal intervention to achieve appropriate resolutions.
- Build and maintain a culture of high quality customer service in all aspects of the F&B operations in accordance with Company standards.
- Maintain awareness of current and future trends in the food service industry and be prepared to make well considered recommendations to introduce changes that will benefit the F&B operations in support of the company’s customer service and financial objectives.
- Be hands on for all major events, functions and banquets and day to day operations.
- Actively lead marketing and promotional activities in consultation with the hotel sales department in support of the company’s customer service and financial objectives.
- Introduce new cost effective concepts, products, promotions and service innovations to improve revenues and enhance the customer experience.
- Regularly review the menu in consultation with the Executive Chef to replace slow selling items with higher sales volume dishes that are accurately costed to achieve forecast profit margins.
- Achieve revenue and profit targets across all outlets, conference and banquets, and in-suite dining.
- Constantly monitor sales and expenses to achieve or exceed financial targets and initiate required changes in support of the F&B operations objectives.
- Control expenses in line with agreed costs of sales, labour costs and approved expense budgets.
- Ensure daily cashiering reports are properly audited and that all transactions/postings for the F&B outlets are correctly recorded including supporting documents for rebates, adjustments, management use and city ledger accounts.
- Prepare and submit the annual F&B budget in accordance with internal reporting guidelines. .
- Ensure minimum stock levels/inventory management controls are adhered to at all times to facilitate the uninterrupted operation of the F&B department.
- Conduct periodic inventory of stock, OSE, consumables and F&B assets in coordination with the finance department.
- Submit monthly food and beverage reports including forecast reports on time.
- Comply with HACCP standards and all occupational health and safety policies and procedures.
- Conduct regular supplier reviews in accordance with company guidelines to ensure the hotel achieves best quality and best price in all dealings.
- Conduct daily/weekly/monthly briefings to establish open and clear communications for all F&B staff for the purpose of informing, counselling and implementing required actions.
- Conduct probationary and annual performance appraisals for staff reporting to job holder in accordance with hotel’s policy. Identify training needs.
- Attend meetings, training sessions and any other required meeting or training session.
- Innovate and introduce new concepts and ideas to continuously develop the F&B services.
- Proactively display and embrace the company’s ROC.IT core values.
- Maintain professional environment.
KNOWLEDGE/ SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE/ COMPETENCIES
- Hold an under graduate degree in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Catering Management and/or formal hospitality industry qualifications at a recognized institute
- Possess a minimum of 5 years food and beverage experience in a high quality multi-outlet environment with exposure to all facets of catering and food service including banquets, conferences, room service and a la carte restaurants
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as Assistant F&B department head in a 5 star hotel or at the level of F&B manager.
- Able to interpret and act on all financial reporting aspects of the F&B department
- Practical understanding of customer behaviour, effective promotional activities, service leadership and people management skills, technically proficient food and beverage service skills.
- Able to initiate and execute strategies in support of operational requirements
- Well-developed salesmanship.
- Able to control expenses and identify revenue generating concepts.
- Competent use of Microsoft Word, Excel and email applications, Micros POS and F&B Materials Control system
- Effective communicator with competent verbal and written English language skills
- Effective organisational and coordinating skills, able to manage multiple assignments and projects
- Customer service focused
- Ability to adapt to change, asses and make decisions using available information and follow through to conclusion
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Able to commit to work according to the demands of the business
- Socially confident and outgoing
- Well developed sense of humour.