Telephone Operator - Arabic Speaking
- Answer the Switchboard multi-line telephone and record an accurate detail
- Conduct thorough research to develop the most effective solution and negotiated results for guest concerns or critical issues (complaints/challenges).
- Listen and speak clearly to extend assistance in order to resolve and challenges that may arise.
- Promotes hotel services, amenities and up sells all products to the guests including but not limited to hotel rooms and features. Taking into account all the established Brand Service Standard and Management guidelines.
- To ensure that all Front of House operational functions are in line and above guests’ expectations.
- Ensures all systems are kept up to date with accurate information
- Develops individual team skills to maximize Team performance.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILTIES
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
- Maintain a clean, neat and organized office with regards to work stations, and office files.
- Considerable knowledge and understanding of all departments’ functionality, hotel facilities and services.
- Compile reports regarding Hotline Calls. Assist in printing and distributing all final reports on an as needed basis.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Assistant Front Desk Manager and or Front Office Manager.
- Attend meetings as requested.
- Operate facsimile to send and receive transmissions for guests. Notify guests of receipts using computer system.
- Receiving and passing on telephone calls, telegrams, telexes and faxes, and their documentation.
- Passing on messages and processing wake-up calls.
- Constant service to the guest is a "must" and exemplary service is to be provided.
- Care and maintenance of all work equipment of the area.
- Record defects and ensure rapid repair by passing these on immediately.
- Pass on Information and messages to third parties, in particular to representatives of the press, require the authorisation of Management.
- Carry out the measures laid down in emergency and alarm situations.
- Duty to obtain independent information on all changes occurring in the public areas of the hotel.
- The post holder is always to be punctual and is to present a clean and correct appearance.
- Update internal documents.
- Keep daily check lists.
- Command of English, both spoken and written, is needed for the post.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Technical Competence
- Drive for Results
- Problem Identification & Solutions
- Oral & Written Communication
- Co-operation & Teamwork
- Minimum of GCE ‘A’ level qualifications or equivalent.
- 1-2 years’ experience in Front Office operations within the hospitality industry is preferred.
- Willing to work on shift and long hours
- Knowledge to Opera –PMS or Fidelio
- Able to work multi-tasks
1 – Possess little knowledge of principles and processes
2 – Sound knowledge and understand principles, processes and procedures
3 – Able to apply competency on the job with little guidance
4 – Able to apply competency on job and coach others
5 – Able to modify concepts and or ideas to suite special or local context