Assistant Stewarding Manager
Prepares washing / cleaning schedules and performs all duties of the Stewarding and Pot Wash areas. Maximize guest satisfaction and retention by servicing internal and external guests in a manner that meets their unique needs in a timely and responsive manner.
- Ensures a high level of cleanliness in all areas of the kitchen / washing / pot wash.
- Direct the preparation and set-up of all equipment for the day’s operation by shift and for any in-house activities upon residents request and / or supervisor’s instructions.
- Wash and clean all equipment, utensils, crockery and cutlery as and when needed.
- Adhere to all safety and hygiene procedures in handling all equipment, utensils, crockery and cutlery to prevent accidents and minimize breakage.
- Care and adhere to occupational, health and safety legislation, policies and procedures.
- Attend all training assigned to and assist with the training of new colleagues as and when scheduled.
- Be familiar with property safety, first aid and emergency procedures.
- Always initiate action to correct potential hazardous situations and notify the supervisor accordingly.
- Develop choice work environment with co-colleagues from other departments.
- Maintain the highest standard of personal grooming, self and hygiene at all times.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as requested.
- Attend, staff and other Hotel meetings
- Assimilate into the Frasers Hospitality culture through understanding, supporting and participating in all Elements of the Frasers Core Values.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of the service standards.
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Frasers Hospitality from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
- Establish effective communication practices and channels.
- Identify training and development needs for the Stewarding team to add value to the business and to develop team member potential
- Reach out and work closely with the spa members and enhance the overall membership component
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Excellent listening, & communication skills both orally and in writing
- Excellent mathematical comprehension to understand and interpret numbers as they apply to operations in hotels.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language to communicate effectively with guests and employees.
- Thorough organization and supervisory skills proficient in accomplishing the task.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect and analyze accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- Interpersonal skills to provide overall guest satisfaction.
- Commercial awareness and customer focus.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure and deal with stressful situations during busy periods.
- 1 – Possess little knowledge of principles and processes
- 2 – Sound knowledge and understand principles, processes and procedures
- 3 – Able to apply competency on the job with little guidance
- 4 – Able to apply competency on job and coach others
- 5 – Able to modify concepts and or ideas to suite special or local context