Director of SPA
Full job details
Guarantee and optimization of the smooth and efficient work flow in the Spa marketing, sales and operations, direct and consistent training and maintaining of role model employee behavior as well as the guarantee of maintaining the Kempinski standards for total guest satisfaction.
- Develop Spa’s Marketing Strategy and ensure a consistent image is being portrayed
- Create a need period calendar with special offers
- Proactive behavior towards technical difficulties or challenges and immediate action.
- Creation of a menu with a variety of choices.
- Exceeding guest service expectations in every guest/employee situation.
- Ensuring proper guest interaction and responding immediately to special requests for immediate guest satisfaction.
- Demonstrate an exceptional level of professionalism for the staff to emulate.
- Create a motivating environment of sincerity, warmth and fun for staff and guests.
- Update and review Spa membership list and deal with membership sales and enquiries.
- Attend Management meetings and convey all relevant information throughout the Spa. Departmental orientation for new employees and trainees.
- Maintain professional relationships with suppliers and providers.
- Perform employees Evaluation Reports with proposed action plans.
- Professional behavior regarding confidentiality.
- Special attention to tricky or risky situations regarding privacy of guests and employees.
- Interpret Financial Reports and provide expertise on Revenue vs. Expenses.
- Use financial plans for spotting trends, measuring productivity and monitoring progress.
- Achieve financial objectives by monitoring weekly membership, day visitors and beauty treatment bookings, flash reports and monthly and annual budget; analysing variances, and maximising results in the area of sales, merchandising and operations.
- Control ongoing service and product margin analysis to ensure profitability.
- Implement full Spa products and service purchasing standards and ensure compliance.
- Administer employees and client scheduling for maximum revenue generation and profitability.
- Create ongoing in-house promotions and activities to stimulate sales, staff and customers.
- Guide business decisions by staying on top of Spa industry trends.
- Maintain a strong menu of services with both exceptional artistic and aesthetic value.
- Consistently develop, promote and grow retail sales through training, tools and monitoring.
- Ensure the Spa is always staged for maximum buyer
- Monitor customer satisfaction with surveys, focus groups and comment cards, online reviews, etc.
- Develop and maintain compensation guidelines for customer complaint handling.
- Minimum 3 years experience in a Spa managerial position in 5 stars Hotel and resort.
- Hotel SPA Opening Experience
- Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment. English is a must, Additional language is beneficial.