Assistant Chief Engineer
Full job details
Located in the heart of the city, the Mövenpick Hotel & Apartments Bur Dubai is just 10 minutes from Dubai International Airport and the World Trade Centre, in close proximity to the luxurious Wafi City and Jumeirah Beach. Direct access to city expressways ensures that Media City and the Jebel Ali Free Trade Zone are a mere 25 minute drive from the hotel.
All 255 rooms and suites and 57 luxurious city apartments are fully equipped with satellite TV, safe deposit boxes, wifi access, minibar, telephone with direct-dial facilities and data ports.
- To assist the Director of Engineering in overseeing the functionality and safety of the facility, including, but not limited to, physical buildings, mechanical equipment, electrical systems, heating and cooling systems, life safety systems and grounds according to federal, state and local regulations
- To assign, verify and document completion of all routine maintenance and repairs in the property maintenance management system
- To assist in ensuring all required documentation is in place and maintained for any energy management, conservation and preventive maintenance programs
- To lead and supervise daily department operations including, but not limited to, guest service standards and initiatives, product quality, inventory management and cost controls, systems use and management, and adherence to federal, state and local standards.
- To assist in monitoring and developing team member performance, to include, but not limited to, providing supervision and professional development, conducting counseling and evaluations and delivering recognition and reward
KEY SPECIFICATIONS :
To successfully fill this role you should be able to demonstrate the attitude, behaviors, skills and values that follow:
- Diploma / Degree from an accredited Engineering University/ Institute
- Previous supervisory experience within busy engineering operations for a reputed Hotel preferably in Dubai
- Positive attitude and excellent communication skills with experience in handling diverse team
- Flexible schedule
- Good command of Written and Oral English
- Sound knowledge of MS Word & Excel
- Experience of working with an energy management system
- Be able to handle stress and work under pressure with strong administrative skills , an analytical mind and the capability of being able to write precise reports.