Bar Manager (PUB)
To provide friendly, efficient service to guests according to company policies, procedures, programs, and performance standards
- To satisfy all customer requirements by ensuring that the service is consistently maintained at a consistently high standard with particular focus on regular clientele in the bar.
- To maintain and/or implement new efficient and effective work methods and systems.
- To prepare and issue, according to bar practice, staff rotas which will provide adequate cover in the most effective manner.
- To carry out ordering of supplies as and when necessary.
- To carry out accurate cash-up procedures at end of night.
- To be informed and aware of all relevant legislation regarding service of liquor, the sale of tobacco, opening hours, etc.
- To constantly strive to improve the standards of hygiene and service throughout the bar.
- To ensure deliveries are checked in correctly and that all relevant delivery/invoices are correct.
- To ensure that all services delivered within the bar operation are being charged for correctly.
- To asses training needs and provide relevant training.
- To practice high standards of personal hygiene at all times in terms of grooming and uniform.
- To maintain a harmonious work relationship between yourself, your assistant staff and customers.
- To provide all staff with a thorough understanding of their jobs and standards of performance and to clarify duties and responsibilities.
- Ensure that all cocktails and mixed drinks are of the highest standards.
- Ensure that strict and proper inventory control is being carried out.