E-Commerce Executive - F&B
The job of E-Commerce Executive is executed satisfactorily by:
- Ensuring accuracy of the property content and presentation on the brand and GHA websites, as well as third party portals, directories and websites where the hotel is listed and/or distributes inventory.
- Report, analyse and act upon the Kempinski website statistics (using brand key performance indicators);
- Assist in reaching the targeted website sales and distribution goals.
- Ensuring consistent brand delivery through social and digital channels.
- Supporting the brand’s channel and distribution strategy.
1. Website Management
- Ensure website content (picture and text) is always up to date in all languages available, according to the corporate standards, and as per the CMS guidelines (on Kempinski.com and gha.com)
- Ensure mobile website (m.kempinski.com) is properly updated
- Monitor and assist the Revenue Manager/Director in ensuring rate parity throughout all electronic distribution channels.
- Liaise with the corporate office for deploying website enhancements and functionality upgrades.
- Review and maintain rate and room type descriptions in OWS (e.g. translations, images, etc.) in coordination with the Revenue Director/Manager.
- Support and liaise with various departments to ensure optimal content delivery (PR, F&B, Marketing, Sales).
- Create and implement promotional content for special offers and packages, in coordination with the hotel’s Marketing and Revenue Managers.
- Ensure that Local Experiences are published on gha.com
2. Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Review the ranking of the hotel website on search engines, and update the hotel website with relevant search terms and adequate keyword frequency to ensure that the hotel website gets the best possible natural page rank in the languages available.
- Update and optimize meta descriptions and tags.
- Analyze budget investment vs ROI for corporate SEO activities.
3. eMail Marketing
- Prepare and send, with regular frequency, corporate Email Newsletters to all qualified guests/individuals that have subscribed to receive the hotel e-newsletter.
- Ensure emails are in line with the strategy and corporate guidelines (i.e. Corporate Identity, preferred vendors and systems).
- Analyze email productivity and profile segmentation
- Assist Revenue Directors/Managers in optimizing up sell messaging during guest reservation cycle.
4. Social Media
- Update and manage the hotel representation and social media channels as per corporate policies and guidelines.
- Ensure proper monitoring and active response of the hotel’s social media presentation and online reputation management tool, maintaining consistent representation of the brand.
5. Digital Marketing
- Develop and implement e-marketing initiatives for the hotel key feeder markets to increase the number of qualified visitors to the hotel website thus increasing revenues and conversion.
- Monitor and report brand name hijacking that dilutes direct web revenues.
- Establish and implement the hotel’s annual advertising plan for all digital channels
- Assist on matters related to creative and media planning for PPC and display campaigns.
- Ensure brand and marketing messages on electronic channels are consistent with overall marketing activities (i.e. special promotions/offers etc.)
- Review and monitor your hotel’s primary competition set on a regular basis online and ensure/maintain competitiveness and “web appeal”.
6. Photo Optimization
- Ensure the picture quality loaded on all brand and 3rd party web sites and social media are according to the corporate identity guidelines.
- Identify signature shots representing both, the hotel and the brand.
7. Website Analytics
- Analyze the website user behavior, site performance, source of referrals, etc; and act accordingly
- Analyze the website production (bookings) reports available from website statistical package and/or from the hotel’s Opera property management system.
- Provide monthly reports on website KPI to the management team of the hotel and the regional and corporate offices, including brand web contribution as % of rooms revenues.
- Participate in mandatory corporate web related trainings offered and brief the respective heads of department where necessary.
- Participate in the monthly Revenue & E-Commerce corporate calls.
Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.