Front Desk Attendant
Duties and Responsibilities
· Project courtesy, hospitality and professional behaviour across your department at all times with guests and fellow colleagues.
· Welcome guests upon arrival with courtesy and professionalism.
· Register arrivals according to established standards and procedures including the adherence to all credit and accounting procedures.
· Manage guestroom inventory by communicating regularly with Housekeeping to ensure rooms are available for efficient check-ins.
· Room guests according to reservation requests and inventory availability.
· Programme guest keys and master keys following established standards and procedures.
· File and manage registration cards for guests according to established standards and procedures.
· Create, modify and cancel guestroom reservations for walk-ins when required.
· Review guestroom folios to check for discrepancies and ensure special billing arrangements are properly carried out.
· Be the first line of defence to handle guest queries and resolve issues in a timely and professional manner.
· Monitor guest feedback and make recommendations for improvements or new products or services to meet guest needs.
· Be available to address issues and make corrections with regard to charge disputes and discrepancies when required.
· Check-out guests efficiently and courteously according to established standards and procedures including the adherence to all credit and accounting procedures.
· Post manual charges, advance deposits, no show charges and other charges as required following established procedures.
· Balance all folios to “0” before guests depart.
· Carefully manage the cash float according to established standards and procedures.
· Promote SBEC to guests by highlighting programme benefits, and assisting with queries and enrolment.
· Provide existing SBEC members with additional services as stipulated by the programme or existing promotions.
· Provide occasional site inspections as required.
· Assist with inventory taking as required.
· Maintain a complete understanding of the Employee Handbook and adhere to regulations contained therein.
· Maintain a complete understanding of the Hotel’s policy relating to fire, safety and health, and ensure all precautions are taken to safeguard against incidents for areas under your supervision.
· Perform other assignments to meet business needs as directed by your superiors.
· Team player.
· Innovative thinking.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
· Able to multi-task and prioritise tasks consistent with business objectives.
· Computer literate with knowledge of Word, Excel, PMS, industry related software desired.
· Must be fluent in English. Arabic speaker is an edge.
· Good sales technique.
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND EDUCATION
· Graduate of a Hotel Management diploma.
· Minimum of 2-year experience in the same position.