Butler - Sofitel Dubai Downtown
Full job details
ABOUT THE SOFITEL DUBAI DOWNTOWN:
The Sofitel Dubai Downtown is a brand new hotel blending Sofitel’s passion for excellence and French art de vivre. A magnificent addition to the five star luxury scene of Dubai, it is located in the heart of Downtown. The hotel features 350 rooms & suites, restaurants & bars and 14 meeting rooms. Breathtaking views of Burj Khalifa & the coastline, everything literally at your doorstep, Sofitel Dubai Downtown is the choice hotel of discerned travelers.
An exclusive space for guests of club rooms and suites, Club Millésime offers buffet breakfasts, afternoon tea and a happy hour with canapés and sweet treats.
Apply for a unique opportunity to be a part of this Magnifique Brand !
The Butler’s purpose is to effectively strive to deliver the highest standards of personalized service to our guests through adhering to company Brand Standards, anticipating needs and adhering to company Values and philosophy. We are accepting applications from outgoing and dedicated individuals who are looking for an entry level position within our Front Office team.
• To act as a hotel ambassador, providing a personal service to all Club Millesime guests.
• To remain in close contact with guests of the Club Millesime lounge, by interacting with them whenever possible. To be friendly, attentive and stay professional at all times.
• To respect the privacy of the guests and the confidentiality of the information
• To assist and to coordinate the daily activity with the Club Millesime Lounge team & Supervisor and to replace him/her whenever needed.
• To personally greet and escort the guests rather than pointing out directions.
• To manage any guest complaint in a professional manner, by owning it, resolving it to the guest satisfaction and recording it.
• To report all guest comments or complaints.
• To be fully aware of VIPs in house, to recognize them and keep a good trace of them.
• To check details of all Club Millesime reservations 24 hours prior to arrival and to follow every content, as per assigned section.
• To prepare the pre-assigned room as per guest preferences, “Your butler is waiting for you” form details and operational standards.
• To assist the GSO at the in-room check-in of the Club Millesime guest by handling passport, credit card or other documents.
• To meet the guest’s needs upon arrival, offering assistance in unpacking luggage, proposing pressing service, shoe shine service, or preparing a bath upon request.
• To present the guest the amenities and facilities in the room (rooming) and on the Club Millesime floors.
• To take a genuine care of all guests throughout their stay, in particular of those staying in the assigned section
• To withdraw and deliver laundry and housekeeping requests.
• To ensure a perfect and personalized up keep of the room.
• To provide assistance with Internet connection.
• To perform concierge tasks, such as restaurant bookings; to take orders for meals served in the privacy of the room.
• To perform food and beverage handling duties as per the Club Millesime concept and timings.
• To recognize the Club Millesime guests and to anticipate their needs whenever possible. To follow up any guest requests, coordinating with the lounge, internal call center and other departments, until satisfaction.
• To prepare the guest’s departure (express check-out, packing needs) and to ensure that transportation and other travel requirements are professionally handled.
• To be flexible and extend job duties to carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities within the job capability as assigned, including redeployment to alternative departments/areas if required, to meet business demands and guest service needs.
• To attend training and meetings as and when required.
We are looking to appoint a Butler for the stunning 5* Sofitel Dubai Downtown who thrives in a high pressured and rewarding team environment and is looking for a career with a hospitality leader.
Due to role requirements, the candidate must ideally have:
- Minimum of 1 year working experience in a 5 star hotel in guest service or customer care.
- Excellent grooming standards
- Positive attitude and good communication skills
- Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service
- Previous experience with Opera
- Must be fluent in English, both verbal and written.
- Arabic would be an advantage
Successful candidates will be contacted within 5/7 working days.