Chef De Cuisine - Al Hambra Restaurant - Madinat Jumeirah Resort
Full job details
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 100 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, Africa the Middle East.
Set on a private beach, the Madinat Jumeirah Resort is an authentic recreation of ancient Arabia, capturing the natural beauty of the region. Madinat Jumeirah features two grand boutique hotels, Al Qasr and Mina A’ Salam, accommodation in 29 traditional summer houses in Dar Al Masyaf, conference and banqueting facilities including two grand ballrooms, a 1000-seat amphitheatre and the region’s only dedicated entertainment centre and multi-purpose venue, Madinat Arena. The facilities are interconnected by 3km of waterways and landscaped gardens.
The resort also provides extensive leisure and health facilities including Talise Spa and Talise Fitness, as well as Souk Madinat Jumeirah, a traditional retail and dining experience showcasing the best of Arabia.
About the Role
A position has arisen for a talented Chef de Cuisine to join our team in our signature Spanish restaurant, Al Hambra. In this role, you will be responsible for assisting the Executive Chef/Executive Sous Chef to set and maintain standards, ensuring the smooth operation of the kitchen, providing training and development to kitchen colleagues and leading by example.
The Chef de Cuisine’s main duties will include:
- Assisting the Executive Chef/Executive Sous Chef in the supervision of all colleagues engaged in the kitchen.
- Attending meetings with the Executive Chef/Executive Sous Chef and all other Senior Chefs regarding the updates for the day. Communicating the information to junior colleagues to ensure the operation is aware of any changes.
- Establishing culinary standards.
- Planning menus and compiling recipes for new menus / food tastings to be approved by Executive Chef and or Executive Sous Chef.
- Ensuring full understanding of HACCP and COSHH and taking appropriate action to ensure a safe and equitable working environment whilst being sensitive to, and aware of, business levels in order to maintain a disciplined but harmonious department.
- Ensuring agreed quality of product is maintained and appropriate action is taken when standards are not met and CSI targets are not achieved, by liaison with all key partners as necessary.
- Recruiting, monitoring and training colleagues; ensuring regular appraisals are carried out with achievable objectives.
- Analysing market food trends and making appropriate menu suggestions and development within agreed timescales.
In order to be considered for this role, you will have an internationally recognised Culinary qualification and you should have experience gained at the level of Chef de Cuisine or Head Chef in a Spanish restaurant that offers classic, traditional Spanish cuisine.
You will be a highly driven and motivated individual who has a passion for Spanish Tapas cuisine. With a good working knowledge of HACCP you will be comfortable leading from the front and mentoring your colleagues in order to ensure that the highest standards of health and safety, quality assurance and hygiene wise are adhered to at all times.
You will also be required to produce Spanish recipes and devise attractive Tapas menus so this position will suit a naturally creative individual with a straight forward and logical approach to their work.
With a good command of the English language, verbal and written, you will also have a working knowledge of Microsoft packages including Word and Excel.