General Manager & Head of Coffee - Dubai
Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
Full job details
Bull & Roo
Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
Food & Beverage, Bar Manager, Food & Beverage Manager
- Lead the Adventurous Encounter roasting team to ensure excellence in all operations, quality control, efficiency, cleanliness and organization of the roastery itself.
- Create a customer-first attitude throughout the operation, remaining calm under pressure, motivating and easing your team through the difficult periods.
- Maintain roasting production log and create weekly production plan as well as manage daily/weekly-roasting requirements.
- Lead the process of cupping coffee daily and strive to continually improve Encounter roasting profiles.
- Responsible for creating a special coffee blend that Adventurous Encounter Roasters can sell for AED 80 to MAF and other stakeholders, whilst maintaining excellence in coffee quality.
- Research, recommend and source new coffee origins throughout the world.
- Analyze costs incurred by the company with respect to bean sourcing and purchasing; and provide recommendations on how to reduce these and increase profit margins.
- Be at the forefront of leveraging relationships with local entities and coordinating green bean shipping deliveries.
- Train the roasting team to achieve highest efficiency in packaging routines and workflow.
- Under the guidance of the executive team identify key target customer demographics and develop strategies to attract them.
- Target and secure Adventurous Encounter Roaster to collaborate with new customers and stakeholders and ensure continuous sales growth.
- Be the main point of training and education for new customers with respect to coffee quality assurance and control. Manage the educational process from inception to conception.
- Act as a liaison between the roasting team and customers with respect to all orders, amendments and special requests.
- Regularly conduct training courses for Bull & Roo baristas across all venues to ensure coffee quality and consistency throughout.
- Conduct regular competency assessments for all Bull & Roo baristas and identify reoccurring gaps in quality consistency. Address on a one-on-one basis with targeted additional training courses.
- Develop an internal Bull & Roo training curriculum targeted to Barista 101 and coffee brewing techniques.
- Design and manage implementation of Cupping Classes for coffee lovers throughout Dubai. These will be courses open for public attendance and not necessarily just for Bull & Roo employees.
- Plan and manage execution of coffee related events and act as main representative for Adventurous Encounter Roasters at various industry events, locally and globally.
- Be familiar with all relevant trading, hygiene, health, safety and employment laws and regulations and ensure that these are always enforced in order to protect the staff and premises.
- In collaboration with the Finance Department set and monitor venue budgets and targets. Analyze budget variances and take corrective actions. Establish and implement financial controls and ensure cash management procedures are completed accurately.
Experience & Skills:
- Minimum Years of Experience: 3-4 years
- Job Specific Mandatory skills: As noted above
Education & Qualifications:
- Minimum Education Requirements: High School Diploma. Coffee Roasting and/or Brewing Professional Certifications a plus.