Demi Chef de Partie (Butchery) - TIME Oak Hotel & Suites
Full job details
TIME Oak Hotel & Suites is looking for an experienced candidate with certificate or undergone HACCP and Basic and Intermediate food hygiene training. Should have good English communication skills and an excellent team player.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Takes care of daily food preparation and duties assigned to him through the superiors to meet the standard and the quality set by the hotel.
2. Prepares the daily mis-en-place and food production in different sections of the main kitchen or satellites.
3. Coordinates daily tasks with the Sous Chef or Executive chef.
4. Follows the instructions and recommendations from the immediate superiors to complete the daily tasks.
5. Ensures the highest standards and consistent quality in the daily preparation and keeps up to date with the new products, recipes and preparation techniques.
6. Fairly treat, Instructs and leads subordinates through their daily requirements in food preparation and actively takes part in set up and supervising of buffest and special functions.
7. Coordinates and participates with other sections of requirements, cleanliness, wastage and cost control.
8. Personally responsible for hygiene, safety and correct use of equipment and utensils.
9. Checks periodically expiry dates and proper storage of food items in the section.
10. Consults daily Sous Chef and Executive chef on the daily requirements, functions and last minute events.
11. Checks daily time sheet is correctly filled at the section, prepare a weekly roster and keeps overtime to a minimum.
12. Guides and trains the subordinates on a daily basis to ensure high motivation and economical working environment.
13. To be an example for personal hygiene and cleanliness on and off duty.
14. To attend and participate in the daily pre-shift briefings/ meeting with Executive Chef.
15. To conduct daily pre-shift briefing with Demi Chef.
16. To make a weekly schedule for demi-chef, Commis I, II & III.