Guest Services Executive - Jumeirah Creekside Hotel
Full job details
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
Jumeirah Creekside is a luxurious hotel located at the heart of Dubai and overlooking the Dubai Creek, just minutes away from the airport. The Hotel houses a specially commissioned art collection, resulting in a modern and dynamic destination, yet inspired by tradition. Bringing together a fusion of contemporary design and distinct architectural features, Jumeirah Creekside Hotel boasts 292 spacious rooms and suites, The Aviation Club, one of the city's most popular health club, the award-winning Akaru Spa and a collection of five diverse restaurants which offer a vibrant selection of culinary experiences.About The Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and dynamic Guest Service Executive to join the team at Jumeirah Creekside Hotel. The main purpose of the role is to be the main point of contact for the guests upon arrival until their departure and to handle all enquiries throughout their stay in a friendly and effective manner, always striving to exceed expectations.
Main duties include:
- To work on a rotation basis within the Front Office Operation (including the executive lounge, concierge and business centre), ensuring maximum guest satisfaction and adhering to the standards required by the hotel.
- To be aware of all activities inside and outside the hotel and its layout.
- To extend a personal service to the guests and assist them in all their requirements.
- To handle the guest's mail, take telephone messages and ensure that all faxes mails, and messages are distributed promptly.
- To ensure that at all times, an up-to-date selection of booklets, guides, maps and brochures for guests are available.
- To place emphasis on in-house restaurants and its facilities.
- To arrange taxis, chauffeur-hire limousines and the bookings of travel, entertainment and tour arrangements for the guests.
- To supervise the guest services in the lobby and ensure that all areas are covered and kept clean.
- Co-ordinates the delivery and collection of luggage to and from guest rooms & guests approaching lobby with luggage.
- Adhere to applicable policies and step by step procedures, particularly pertaining to payments, cash Handling and credit policies.
- Contribute to the achievement of the department's objectives in order to achieve targets and KPI's (Sirius/ Up selling etc.
- Carry out cashiering duties, including foreign currency exchange.
- Close their individual cashier audit at the end of each shift ensuring that all details balance.
- Maintain their cash float, take full responsibility for it, ensuring that it is balanced at all times.
- Prepare welcome letters for all VIP guests
- Prepare special guests' letter (i.e. Birthday, Anniversary, Honeymoon etc)
- Any other duties as may reasonably be requested by the management team including assistance for large events or hotel functions.
In order to be considered for this role you must:
Personality is the key to this role, as is a genuine passion for world class, personalised service. We want people who are confident, able to multi task and undertake duties outside of the normal job description, and can really contribute to delivering an exceptional guest experience. Being able to speak additional language(s) is an additional advantage.